Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Ummm.. yuck? I've tried it (once in hunger desperation) and it was nothing special. Not as awful BK or McD, but nothing I'd ever pick out to eat specially. I prefer making my own with grass fed, free range beef. If I have to go out for a burger, I'll go for terra burgers ANYTIME: TerraBurger Austin Texas : Local Organic Natural Fast Food Texas
THIS is fast food I can live with.
If you went to CHICK-fil-A looking for a burger, I can see why you were disappointed.

A little chicken strips, a little carrot/raisin salad, a little sweet tea, maybe some waffle fries...now, THAT'S why you go to Chick-fil-A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 11:22 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,330,880 times
Ever see the ingredients in a Chick-fil-A sandwich?

Chick-fil-A: Home

The company's politics are almost as scary.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
Ever see the ingredients in a Chick-fil-A sandwich?

Chick-fil-A: Home

The company's politics are almost as scary.
I'll admit leaving off the bun saves about a half-page of ingredients : (again, I prefer just the chicken strips)

100% natural chicken tenderloins, seasoning (salt, autolyzed yeast, maltodextrin, spice, natural flavor, chicken fat, garlic powder, sugar cane syrup, onion powder, paprika, molasses, sodium diacetate, tomato powder, silicon dioxide [anticaking agent], sugar, oleoresin paprika [color], citric acid, smoke flavor, caramel color), seasoned coater (enriched bleached flour [bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening [baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate], spice, soybean oil, color [paprika]), milk wash (water, egg, nonfat milk), peanut oil (fully refined peanut oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness and dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent added).

I still think I'd put that list up against just about any fast food. Gotta say I don't hit the fast food joints near as much with the advent of 'fast casual' and Texas barbecue! Gimme a meat and two sides and I'm a happy camper.

The only Chick-fil-A 'politics' I've ever cared about meant remembering that they are CLOSED on Sunday.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:45 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,330,880 times
dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent added

Yup, that's my idea of good eating!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foaming agent added

Yup, that's my idea of good eating!
You DO NOT want to be FOAMING while texting as you drive down MoPac, in the left lane going 38mph, checking the basketball scores and eating your meal!!! They're just looking out for us!!!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spelrod View Post
I don't believe TerraBurger uses grass-fed beef, do they? If you haven't been to Elevation Burger you should check them out. They are grass fed and not that far away from TerraBurger.
Last time I was there, they offered an organic, grass fed beef. Elevation is also really good, and the seating there is better.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
If you went to CHICK-fil-A looking for a burger, I can see why you were disappointed.

A little chicken strips, a little carrot/raisin salad, a little sweet tea, maybe some waffle fries...now, THAT'S why you go to Chick-fil-A.
Terra has a chicken sandwich, too. Again, if you pump something full of sweetners, additives, chemical coloring, fats...anything will taste "good". But hey, to each their own.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:35 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Ummm.. yuck? I've tried it (once in hunger desperation) and it was nothing special. Not as awful BK or McD, but nothing I'd ever pick out to eat specially. I prefer making my own with grass fed, free range beef. If I have to go out for a burger, I'll go for terra burgers ANYTIME: TerraBurger Austin Texas : Local Organic Natural Fast Food Texas
THIS is fast food I can live with.

grass fed is more eco friendly, but is much less tasty than grain fed beef.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:08 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
grass fed is more eco friendly, but is much less tasty than grain fed beef.
Not in my experience. Almost 40 years ago, when grass-fed beef in the grocery store was almost unheard of, I happened to purchase a bit of grass-fed beef almost by accident - somehow the store had some and they were selling it for less than the grain-fed, mainly because people didn't know how to cook it. I took it home, fixed it, and immediately ran back to the store to get some of that great-tasting beef. They were out, and I didn't see any more for almost 20 years, no matter how hard I looked.

Grass fed can be tougher if you don't cook it right, it does take a minimal amount of skill and attention, but the flavor is so far above grain-fed it's amazing. Sort of like eggs from free-range chickens are so much better that when our daughter moved into her own apartment, within two weeks she called me asking, "Mom, can you bring me some real eggs?" She'd been spoiled to eggs with actual flavor and color.

Grass-fed does tend to be less fatty, and some people equate fat with flavor. Not the same thing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin