Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 AM

8 posts, read 16,584 times

Advertisements

Acuda - I think the influx of Californians here in Bend has shot up to about 32%!! As a native Washingtonian I think it's pretty easy to spot a fellow PNWer, but boy it's been a challenge here! Go Ducks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 12:18 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,086,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robino2001 View Post
I THINK (really emphasize think) that Star Ranch south of Gattis School is PISD and north is HISD, but the section south of Gattis School is built out (again, I think).

We considered building in Star Ranch as well but we simply weren't comfortable with a "promise" of an elementary school eventually being built in the neighborhood and HISD in general - not because of knowing anything bad against HISD, but simply the unknown. Much of the wife's family works for RRISD, tons went to school there... we just knew more about it, were comfortable with it, and built in an area with an established school path because the schools were right there.
Yes, I believe you're correct. When we visited the Perry Homes model, we were initially told by the agent that ALL of Star Ranch was HISD. We later discovered that Star Ranch was, in fact, divided, as you stated. Nevertheless, we were considering building on the "side" that is HISD, so we opted out. We were also told of plans of a new HEB Plus that was to be built just north of Star Ranch, I believe? If I recall correctly, we were told that it was going to happen within a year, and it's now been about two years with no news of this new HEB Plus. The current HEB is closer to us, so it works out a little better, anyway. But an HEB Plus would be nice. But as you stated, the unknown and the uncertainty kind of turned us off. And from my observations, Star Ranch (north side) isn't moving lots as fast as I thought it would.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:35 PM

426 posts, read 1,669,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
Yes, I believe you're correct. When we visited the Perry Homes model, we were initially told by the agent that ALL of Star Ranch was HISD. We later discovered that Star Ranch was, in fact, divided, as you stated. Nevertheless, we were considering building on the "side" that is HISD, so we opted out. We were also told of plans of a new HEB Plus that was to be built just north of Star Ranch, I believe? If I recall correctly, we were told that it was going to happen within a year, and it's now been about two years with no news of this new HEB Plus. The current HEB is closer to us, so it works out a little better, anyway. But an HEB Plus would be nice. But as you stated, the unknown and the uncertainty kind of turned us off. And from my observations, Star Ranch (north side) isn't moving lots as fast as I thought it would.
Forgot about the HEB (though don't remember it being a plus, but nonetheless)... We were talking with Wilshire and they were saying the same things (School, HEB, shopping center I believe as well) and that was only in Sept of last year. With the economy as it is now, I'd be surprised to see many new schools being built in the near future so I'm glad we did not go w/ Star Ranch assuming there would be a school by the time our little one is ready.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 PM

8 posts, read 16,584 times
I suppose if so many of you have been afraid of the "unknown" and have chosen other places than the Hutto school dist. then I suppose I should feel the same? Either way, it is my intent to move us into Austin's west side before my baby starts school. I guess I shouldn't be sweating this.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM

308 posts, read 598,564 times
Quote:
Forgot about the HEB (though don't remember it being a plus, but nonetheless)... We were talking with Wilshire and they were saying the same things (School, HEB, shopping center I believe as well) and that was only in Sept of last year. With the economy as it is now, I'd be surprised to see many new schools being built in the near future so I'm glad we did not go w/ Star Ranch assuming there would be a school by the time our little one is ready.

I was too looking into Star Ranch, but it seem to be a hit or miss.

Which subdivision did you end up moving to? Hutto or Round Rock, I think Star Ranch is Hutto btw

Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 AM

426 posts, read 1,669,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Barton View Post

Which subdivision did you end up moving to? Hutto or Round Rock, I think Star Ranch is Hutto btw
Built in Forest Creek... - so Round Rock. DR Horton was giving away way too much to pass up the offer. The security of knowing the elementary school was there didn't hurt much either (among other things).

Old 04-14-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Barton View Post

Unless the Star Ranch area experienced redistricting, south Star Ranch (meaning south of Gattis School Road) is definitely PISD. Last year, my son attended Hendrickson Highschool (PISD), and many of his classmates lived in south Star Ranch. Also, I believe the Star Ranch website mentions the division.

Just wanted to clarify for the original poster for FYI.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:

I might have been mistaken. May or may not have been a Plus, but I vaguley recall the Perry Homes agent saying it would be an HEB Plus. I was thinking with excitement that the area can definitely use a Plus. She even showed us the area where it would be built on the plat map. LOL Pipe dreams? Maybe not? I have no clue. It would've been nice to have a new HEB. The one off Gattis School road is a little small, and I often drive to the Plus on 79.

I guess we shall see....

Old 04-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
I might have been mistaken. May or may not have been a Plus, but I vaguley recall the Perry Homes agent saying it would be an HEB Plus. I was thinking with excitement that the area can definitely use a Plus. She even showed us the area where it would be built on the plat map. LOL Pipe dreams? Maybe not? I have no clue. It would've been nice to have a new HEB. The one off Gattis School road is a little small, and I often drive to the Plus on 79.

I guess we shall see....

Just wanted to let you know if you didn't already know that Perry Homes has bailed in the Austin House Market

Old 04-17-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Built in Forest Creek... - so Round Rock. DR Horton was giving away way too much to pass up the offer. The security of knowing the elementary school was there didn't hurt much either (among other things).

Good choice, not to sure about Dr. Horton, but I think Meritage Homes is building in that same area. I looked through there and the homes / home owner properties where the Meritage model home is at, those home owners are not really taking care of their yards. I would think Forest Creek HOA would be slapping home-owner hands due to the neglecting of their yards, but guess not................

Either way, congrats. In all Forest Creek (deep inside the neighborhood) sure has some magistic prudy homes in there!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin