Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 08:48 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,999,097 times

Advertisements

Pick up the latest "UPDATE" at the city hall, library, school, or Post office. Inside on page five it reads, "Troy at Texas Pawn may get some competition as another pawn shop wants to lease Maggiores space."

Do we really need another Pawn shop? I know, so we attract business and jobs let's just make Hutto a red light district. Yah, that will be good for businesses and bring in lot's of consumers.

Geesh, please Hutto, NO MORE PAWN SHOPS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 09:56 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,691,351 times
I agree, we need some fresh, new businesses. We already have 2 home improvement stores and a million car repair places and banks. Have you been to the new little grocery store downtown? It's a little pricey but she does have a decent selection of things.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:13 PM

Hi love roses. Yes, I've been there but it's a bit out of our budget. We did love the peaches I bought there though. The best we've ever had. I'll probably go back and check it out again though...need to get some Texas honey.

I do believe I'll be losing my positive vibe about this city if they allow another pawn shop. I had to laugh about the "competition" the article claimed the other pawn shop would have. Ugh! What direction is this city going?

Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Hi love roses. Yes, I've been there but it's a bit out of our budget. We did love the peaches I bought there though. The best we've ever had. I'll probably go back and check it out again though...need to get some Texas honey.

I do believe I'll be losing my positive vibe about this city if they allow another pawn shop. I had to laugh about the "competition" the article claimed the other pawn shop would have. Ugh! What direction is this city going?
Yeah, but how about the highly sought after 'Gold Buyers' and 'Check Cashing' places? How many of those ya got?

Old 04-22-2011, 02:26 PM

113 posts, read 238,894 times
I was a bit discouraged when I read that as well. I'm still a bit sore at Maggories for building their business here getting established enough to open a 2nd location, when questioned he blamed it on the lease agreement, and now is just too 'urban' for us I guess. I sure won't miss being run out when they would close early. I've never seen a place turn away customers like that????? Maybe we are just getting too big.

Most restaurants around town get a bit crowded, but I understand the relucance of opening a new location due to the poor layout/visibility and access of existing strip centers. Heck we'd be happy just see a Huddle House (mini diner) open up or maybe a Houlihans. I can't even get a parking space at Snuffy's which is great in fact one of those greasy, drippy, over cheez laden burgers or a pulled pork sandwich which is HUGE maybe they could get a shuttle from Home Depot!!!!

We've definitly have the Automotive sector covered I'm still shocked they opened an NTB.

What is it going to take to get our Chamber to push hard for more places to eat. Let's keep it local we hate having to give to our money to Taylor or elsewhere?

Old 04-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Well, we do have Ricardo's Tacos now and the Bluejay Gardens. Lets hope enough people frequent them to keep them open. We just rotate where we go...one weekend Rio Grande, another we'll go to Mario's, The Texan or Howdy's. Hubby likes Snuffy's and tells me I need to try their burgers. And I really think they could come up with a better plan for the co-op property than turning it into a mega city building complex (courthouse, city hall, police department and god only knows what other boring thing). I say boot all of them out next election and put some fresh new faces in. Our city council gets very "Good ole boy" real quick. In fact, the husband of a friend of mine is going to run and I'm giving him my vote.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:17 AM

I haven't see any information regarding people running for office other than the huge signs around town. It would be nice if there was an information sheet on all of them so we know what we're getting into.

Maybe there is and I haven't seen it yet. Have you seen any information on where the candidates stand love roses?

I'm just so disappointed about that potential Pawn shop. If they allow it I'm with you about bootin em all out.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM

They'll run blurbs about the candidates in the paper pretty soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin