Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 AM

308 posts, read 600,464 times

Advertisements

I know of someone whom was looking to settle in Falcoln Pointe (family of 6) to purchase over a $300K home in the area due to it being known for good schools being close, great family neighborhood and does neighborhood lookout, then this!!!

2 Teenagers Charged with Raping 9th Grader

2 Teenagers Charged with Raping 9th Grader (http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/2-Hendrickson-Football-Players-Charged-with-Rape-20110505-ktbcw#axzz1Ls8S7lY2 - broken link)

Not cool!!!!!!!!

[LEFT]Pflugerville Police have charged two teenagers with the rape of a ninth grader and two more teenagers for being accomplices to the crime.
All four suspects were on the Hendrickson High football roster in 2010.
According court paperwork, the assault took place on April 16, 2011. The victim and her friend were invited to the Falcon Pointe Recreational Pool Center on Falcon Pointe Boulevard. The victim told police she was picked up by three of the suspects, Leonard Scales, Tommie Robbins, and Deionta James. At the pool they were met by Curtis Franklin and another teen.
According to court paperwork, the victim said she was thrown into the pool by Scales and Franklin. She then said that those two held her while James removed her bra. While she was in the pool, she said Robbins also got into the pool and pulled her underwear off. Franklin and Scales then got into the pool as well according to police.
The victim said she got out of the pool and ran into the shower area. She said that the suspects followed her into the shower area and heard somebody say “turn the lights off.”
The victim told police that Robins, Franklin, and Scales approached her in the shower. She claims that Robins and Scales each took turns sexually assaulting her. At one point she said that James and Franklin held her down while the assault took place.
Scales, 18, and Robins, 18, have both been charged with sexual assault and unlawful restraint. Franklin, 17, and James, 19, were both charged with unlawful restraint.
Pflugerville ISD officials said they could not disclose information about the students involved in this case. They were, however, able to confirm that in accordance with Texas Education Code, the four were pulled from school due to the nature of the charges. They will be placed in an alternative school.

Read more: 2 Teenagers Charged with Raping 9th Grader (http://www.myfoxaustin.com/dpp/top_stories/2-Hendrickson-Football-Players-Charged-with-Rape-20110505-ktbcw#ixzz1Ls9DVUQZ - broken link)
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Unfortunately, things like that can and do happen everywhere.

With that said, if I had $300K to spend and wanted good schools, Pflugerville would not be near the top of my list of places to look, if it were even on the list at all.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:52 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
Unfortunately, things like that can and do happen everywhere.

With that said, if I had $300K to spend and wanted good schools, Pflugerville would not be near the top of my list of places to look, if it were even on the list at all.
Yeah, because Pflugerville is just a dump. Puh-lease.

OP: Things like that I'm afraid can happen in any city. There are many similar stories I know of occuring in even more prestigous places. Jocks groping (and going further) girls...not condoning it mind you. As the parent of two girls, reading that story makes me foam at the mouth. MIght want to add that those kids I don't believe lived in Falcon Pointe. That neighborhood, along with Blackhawk, is still pretty good.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,023 times
My son attended Hendrickson last year, and he knows the alleged perpetrators. From what he says, they have a lot to lose. (a couple of them are star athletes)

As I told my husband, we never get 100% facts. Until they investigate further, we don't know what exactly happened. Sure, the story is likely, but we just don't know yet.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
My son attended Hendrickson last year, and he knows the alleged perpetrators. From what he says, they have a lot to lose. (a couple of them are star athletes)
Well, if it's like that other Texas town that was in the news last week, the rapist will stay on his sport team and the girl will be removed from the cheerleading squad for refusing to cheer for her attacker.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:16 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Well, if it's like that other Texas town that was in the news last week, the rapist will stay on his sport team and the girl will be removed from the cheerleading squad for refusing to cheer for her attacker.
Wow. I didn't hear about that one.

Let's hope not.

But let's also hope that the investigation goes smoothly and due diligence is performed.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:56 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Barton View Post
I know of someone whom was looking to settle in Falcoln Pointe (family of 6) to purchase over a $300K home in the area due to it being known for good schools being close, great family neighborhood and does neighborhood lookout, then this!!!
Bad things happen in good neighborhoods too. No one is immune from them.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:07 AM

308 posts, read 600,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post

Talking getto here; does this mean the girl is a 'hoe' and does not deserve justice? Or is this because the athlete's are just so good, they will not get punished? Sorry, I don't respect this non-sense. If this was to happen to my daughter............. something will come to justice; Just say'in from a parent point of view.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Barton View Post
If this was to happen to my daughter............. something will come to justice; Just say'in from a parent point of view.
I'm with you. Any guy around my daughter needs to understand that I'm not afraid of prison or the death penalty. Have fun on your date!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin