Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 PM

115 posts, read 230,759 times

Advertisements

I am 24, was born and raised in Atlanta, and have never lived outside of Georgia. I have one more year of law school, and after I graduate (and take the GA bar), I have to get out of Georgia for a year before I start my career as a lawyer in Atlanta to (1) grow as a person and (2) have fun.

Good nightlife is an absolute must, which is why Austin is at the top of my list (also considering: San Diego, LA, Portland).

But I don't know much about Austin.

-Is it easy to meet people and make friends in Austin?

I wouldn't know a soul.

-Is the party/nightlife scene all college-dominated?

I am not sure I want to be around a bunch of college kids every weekend. I want to have the option of both a college party scene and a young professional scene. Does Austin offer that?

-What areas do young professionals live and go out in?

I would prefer to live in the dominant nightlife district for young professionals, but still be able to access the other nightlife districts.

-What's the girl-to-guy ratio in Austin?

I like to date around a lot and I am a good-looking guy, so it is very important that the ratio be near 1:1.

-What's the dominant youth culture/style in Austin?

The whole "Keep Austin Wierd" is throwing me off. What exactly do they mean by "weird"?

I ask because I am not into the hipster/alt. scene. I like jam bands, going to concerts, and celebrating 420 (), but I also dress somewhat peppy. Will I fit in in Austin?

Thanks for helping me!

-------------------

Note: I don't necessarily have to work as a lawyer.

Note: I plan on using city-data to narrow down my list to two cities, then visit those two cities to decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: