Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:57 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
But that could be the case for many other people who get stopped but DON'T have the smarts to refuse the breathalyzer or have the police chief call on their behalf... I'm sure this is not the first time the cops involved have stopped people and done the exact same thing. It can't be.
If they weren't drunk, then not being smart enough to refuse the breathalyzer wouldn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
I hate radio commercials but I often find I would rather listen to commercials on a different station than to have to listen to his perpetual whining and negativity.

I await the day when Austin has an interesting, quality afternoon radio talk show.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:06 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
If they weren't drunk, then not being smart enough to refuse the breathalyzer wouldn't matter.
Well, Jeff Ward stated he was not drunk. He never stated he was less than .08 BAC. So he could have been telling the truth and not been drunk, but would have failed the breathlyzer. Technically he could have been breaking the law but did not provide sufficient evidence for the police to prove that. That's smart.

However, if he had been drinking at all, he shouldn't have been driving, and definitely shouldn't have been speeding. He can afford a cab. That was stupid.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,288 times
What a Tool!!! Hey Art...what does a no refusal weekend mean? Does it only apply to people you aren't friends with? I don't care who it is, don't much care for his show because he's always talking negatively about something, but the rules need to be enforced equally.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbs View Post
What a Tool!!! Hey Art...what does a no refusal weekend mean? Does it only apply to people you aren't friends with? I don't care who it is, don't much care for his show because he's always talking negatively about something, but the rules need to be enforced equally.
It happened on Thursday, not in no refusal weekend (which started on Friday)

Old 06-13-2011, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbs View Post
He was not stopped during "no refusal".

Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 AM

355 posts, read 923,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
The only reason I care, and it has nothing to do with him personally (I find him arrogant and misogynistic, and can only bear him while I wait for the traffic report), is that I'm curious to see if he beats his DWI like so many other famous and well connected Austinites seem to do.
Amen...to everything you said.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:22 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
beats his DWI like so many other famous and well connected Austinites seem to do
..or beats his DWI like so many non-famous and not well connected Austinites seem to do.....

Old 06-14-2011, 08:07 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,056,449 times
APD dropped the charges. Apparently, they drop charges like this on about 1/3 of all arrests. JW maintains he drank 2 beers in 4 hours, was absolutely not drunk, and he's now fighting back and defending himself on yesterday's show.

I also saw a news report on this last night. I have to say, it does look like he got railroaded and, as he says, has to defend himself for something he didn't do.

Steve

Last edited by austin-steve; 06-14-2011 at 08:45 AM..

Old 06-14-2011, 11:01 AM

743 posts, read 1,372,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
APD dropped the charges. Apparently, they drop charges like this on about 1/3 of all arrests. JW maintains he drank 2 beers in 4 hours, was absolutely not drunk, and he's now fighting back and defending himself on yesterday's show.

I also saw a news report on this last night. I have to say, it does look like he got railroaded and, as he says, has to defend himself for something he didn't do.

Steve
I can believe this.

I was at the dinner where he was emcee downtown last Thursday. He seemed completely normal and not in the least bit drunk. The last I saw him was when he was speaking from the stage a little past 10 pm, then walking around a little after that. Again, seemed totally "normal" to me.

While I realize you don't have to be drunk to fail a sobriety test, he just didn't strike me as impaired that evening. And I am the LAST person to defend a DWI. I think it is dangerous to have a beer and get in a car, and it's not a chance I'd take. But I can also believe, based on what I saw of him that evening, that he was railroaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: