Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM

1,157 posts, read 2,651,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
A completely worthless post.
I really like Falconhead but I wish there was a community center and pool, but seems like it may be too far out for the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 12:35 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,164,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FueledByBlueBell View Post
I really like Falconhead but I wish there was a community center and pool, but seems like it may be too far out for the OP.
My post was about the post, not Falconhead. Saying a neighborhood is "lame" with no additional information is meaningless.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:31 PM

1,157 posts, read 2,651,586 times
Quote:
My post was about the post, not Falconhead. Saying a neighborhood is "lame" with no additional information is meaningless.
Yes, sorry, I got that. I should have quoted the original poster of that comment, however I suspect he/she's trolling.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:03 PM

313 posts, read 786,209 times
I've done that commute from Falconhead to 183/MoPac, it can be an hour in the evenings, though usually about 40-45 minutes. Mornings usually are better, about 35-40 minutes. I usually took MoPac in and 2222->620 back. I'm about to start that commute again and I'm going to see how long I can deal with the commute as I really like FH and its proximity to shopping and dining. They're even putting in a Whole Foods at the Galleria.

Rocky Creek is nice and you get a little more yard for your money, buts its another 10-15 minutes each way.

Steiner is going to be about 15 minutes closer than FH and is a good neighborhood too. Most people I know who live there come to Bee Cave to shop, so there's that tradeoff

Old 07-20-2011, 04:05 PM

1,063 posts, read 1,776,777 times
Quote:
A completely worthless post.
I disagree...

Old 07-21-2011, 10:19 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,802,928 times
I live in Falconhead West. The Austin Board of Realtors is north of Mopac/183/360. When I have to go there first thing in the mornings for a meeting or a class, it takes at least 50 minutes, and sometimes an hour. It's miserable!! I could never and would never do it everyday.

No, we don't have a community pool and that is annoying. We all fell for the builders saying the Falconhead golf course was getting a resort with a water park and we would have access to that. Years later and still no resort or water park. Nitro opened last month and it's about 1/4 mile down 71 from the FHW entrance, but no "open swim" until after summer.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:10 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,421,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul6835 View Post
Steiner is going to be about 15 minutes closer than FH and is a good neighborhood too. Most people I know who live there come to Bee Cave to shop, so there's that tradeoff
I think that is going to change when the development on 620 next to Grandview Hills is complete (Trails at 620). It's going to be pretty much another Hill Country Galleria. First stores are set to open in Summer 2012.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:57 PM

59 posts, read 218,691 times
We recently moved to Rocky Creek. This is a very nice neighborhood and the yards do have fences. They are also in the process of building a community pool which should be completed by the end of August.
We do not have any little kids but I know alot of the families coming do. One family we met who is building a home in another section of Rocky Creek told me there will be 20 kids just in their cul de sac. The schools are Lake Travis, which are suppose to be good.

The commute may be bad, but I think some of that depends on time of day. My husband works at UT and commutes and it takes him maybe 34-40 minutes which isn't bad. Before committing to anything it would be wise to travel from the area you are considering to his place of employment to see what the traffic is like.

We also looked in Falconhead West. Rocky Creek has much more of a "Hill Country" astmosphere and larger yards. Some of the remaining lots still have views of the hill country. You may want to check it out. Alot of people really like it here and it is currently one of the "hottest" communitues in the Austin area. (by an article from Austin newspaper)

Good Luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin