Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 AM

114 posts, read 185,972 times

Advertisements

Ok so I moved to Dallas from Richmond VA (and I was previously living in Philadelphia), mainly based on jobs and the fact that we really wanted to move to Texas. I had heard that Austin wasnt so great for young African Americans professionals, so I figured Dallas or Houston were my only options. We've been in Dallas for 6 months and while we really like it, we feel like it's not our forever city.
This weekend I went to visit Austin and I must say.... WE LOVED IT! I feel like it would have been a much better fit for us! The people we're so nice and it was just a very laid back, young, fun vibe. So now I think that maybe in a year or two we will definietly be relocating to Austin (plus I can finish my degree at UT, which would be great). It seemd a littls more expensive than Dallas (but thats all relative since we are coming from the East Coast) but we liked it so much more than Dallas that it would be worth it. Don't get me wrong I do like Dallas but for us Austin was just much more in line with what we want in a city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin