Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:12 PM

98 posts, read 484,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
You're hilarious! I suppose there's some truth to what you're saying but I hope you wrote that while winking. (That's "wink" with an "i", not an "a", don't even go there...)

Didn't you leave out the largest group of 30+ people in Austin, the "I used to be hip, now I'm just a schlep who doesn't know what he's doing any more." That would be me. Old slackers. People too old to be hip but too young at heart (AKA "immature") to fit in with the mature working crowd. We accumulate here in Austin like the piles of leaves in autumn. Feel free to rake us up and toss us in the compost.
exactly.

apparently this board is a great place to meet us as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 10:13 PM

98 posts, read 484,858 times
I think I know you and Trainwreck20 as well

Old 08-11-2007, 10:26 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,758,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
How do the summers & winters rate against the Boston area?
That's easy. As I said to my new friend at the pool, today it was about 97 degrees and I felt great sitting there in the cool water under a giant oak tree relaxing and having an enjoyable conversation. This is our "bad season." Compare that to doing ANYTHING in Amherst (where I lived) in winter --- I'll take Texas summers.

But for those who don't like heat, they will NOT like Texas.
I.T. * I.S. * H.O.T. * H.E.R.E.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:52 PM

575 posts, read 2,489,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
Uhh, we meet and chat in the school parking lot when dropping up and picking up our kids.

20's were for partying. 30's/40's raising kids, and (looking forward to) 50's+ to be empty-nesters, and young and hip again. Age 50+ empty-nesters is what the 30's-single used to be, but with more money to spend.

Steve
Hey now, where we live, luckilly there are more than a few mid-40's with kids in 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade etc. I am just not looking forward to my girls dating in about 30 years, or I guess it will probaly be more like 6-7 years, and having their dates look at my head that will probably be really bald by then.

Oh well, the money part is correct, and will have plenty if I ever need "the right person" to set some young lad straight if they ever hurt my daughters...

Old 08-13-2007, 11:41 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,758,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCalitoSteinerRanch View Post
Hey now, where we live, luckilly there are more than a few mid-40's with kids in 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade etc. I am just not looking forward to my girls dating in about 30 years...
Good for you, tough love! But you might want to lower that to 20 years. Most young women get over their insane attraction to bad boys and other forms of trouble by the time they're in their mid-to late-20s.

And teenage boys should be shipped off to island prison camps until they're trained in the basic rules of civility and dignity. Those who don't graduate from this camp within 3 years can be used in medical experiments.

Wow... I'm sounding frightfully similar to Mengele... perhaps I need to calm down.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,591,787 times
Calm down there I agree, though. There are some teenage boys who could use some training. Although I will say there are SOME moms of young boys who are doing a great job. I had a little boy hold a door open for me that a grown man didn't. I was extremely impressed.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 PM

701 posts, read 2,473,476 times
Yeah, thing is, it's not just mom that was responsible. He probably watched dad hold the door open for mom a lot of times.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:35 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,591,787 times
good point...Sorry I didn't give props to the good dads out there

Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 AM

22 posts, read 106,346 times
soooooo.......im still wondering the secret spot to meet some good heads. im a just turned 30 artist thats been here and lovin it for a lil over a month. south central (so1st) is great for a small convo in line at the heb but im looking for some like minded individuals. maybe those who are actively trying to expand their network of creative peeps, instead of an already established, got enough friends scenario. like the newbies meeting grounds or something. maybe we could make a club.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:37 AM

2,357 posts, read 7,871,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffininsight View Post
soooooo.......im still wondering the secret spot to meet some good heads. im a just turned 30 artist thats been here and lovin it for a lil over a month. south central (so1st) is great for a small convo in line at the heb but im looking for some like minded individuals. maybe those who are actively trying to expand their network of creative peeps, instead of an already established, got enough friends scenario. like the newbies meeting grounds or something. maybe we could make a club.
My wife and I are moving to S 1st in 3 weeks...I'm a musician, so let me know if you form a club

What kind of artist are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin