Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM

11 posts, read 26,952 times

Advertisements

Once again, Thank you all for your tips in this board..It has been a GREAT planning tool.
So as I imagined, my stay in Austin was AMAZING!! I enjoyed every minute of it. As you all promissed: it was beyond hot.. i'd say it was around 233333 degrees (at night) but it was extremely fun. I came across the most friendly people I have ever met in the states & had lots of fun.
I do have to recomend for bike rentals a place none of you mentioned but that game me a great service, very friendly, very welcoming and very informative : "Barton Springs bike rental" on 1707 Barton Springs Road. and also the brewery across the street from it " uncle billy's"..
Oh yeah!! I ended up going to "deep eddy's" spring wich was a great spot.

And in case anyone but me cares about kosher: i found 90% of the packed/bottled food in Whole Foods Kosher (with a stamp and everything)

Anyways.. I can't wait to go visit Austin again.. next time for more than 4 days :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 02:51 PM

327 posts, read 766,911 times
happy to see that you had a blast.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:59 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Glad you had a great time, I see Austin's charms worked on you. She does that to most people...

Old 08-13-2011, 03:02 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,987 times
I have a dear friend who lives in Austin, I visit as often as possible. I love Austin!

So glad that you enjoyed yourself, however, I must admit, I am a little jealous, wish it was me!

Old 08-13-2011, 03:10 PM

388 posts, read 849,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelddub View Post
Once again, Thank you all for your tips in this board..It has been a GREAT planning tool.
So as I imagined, my stay in Austin was AMAZING!! I enjoyed every minute of it. As you all promissed: it was beyond hot.. i'd say it was around 233333 degrees (at night) but it was extremely fun. I came across the most friendly people I have ever met in the states & had lots of fun.
I do have to recomend for bike rentals a place none of you mentioned but that game me a great service, very friendly, very welcoming and very informative : "Barton Springs bike rental" on 1707 Barton Springs Road. and also the brewery across the street from it " uncle billy's"..
Oh yeah!! I ended up going to "deep eddy's" spring wich was a great spot.

And in case anyone but me cares about kosher: i found 90% of the packed/bottled food in Whole Foods Kosher (with a stamp and everything)

Anyways.. I can't wait to go visit Austin again.. next time for more than 4 days :-)
Might I ask(for a possible trip in my future) what kinds of stuff you were able to do in your short trip to really showcase Austin?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:01 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifie View Post
Might I ask(for a possible trip in my future) what kinds of stuff you were able to do in your short trip to really showcase Austin?
We gave her lots of suggestions in this earlier thread. //www.city-data.com/forum/austi...t-do-what.html

Old 08-13-2011, 04:05 PM

388 posts, read 849,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
We gave her lots of suggestions in this earlier thread. //www.city-data.com/forum/austi...t-do-what.html

Awesome, thanks. Would still like to know which of those she took part in to give her such a great outlook on the city, if she wouldn't mind.

Last edited by jifie; 08-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: Auto-correct

Old 08-13-2011, 04:36 PM

11 posts, read 26,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifie View Post
First of all i walked a lot (yes yes.. in THAT heat) which allowed me to experince the streets and not just the touristic streets. I talked to people (or shall I say people talked to me) which allowed me to meet local ppl and learn about their lives... that for me is the most important thing when I travel. not to see monuments and museums but to experince the people that live there.
However, i did take a guided tour just to see what's what and what's where (90 minutes, A.C. van with great guide) after i saw the "basics" i choose which of them i have interest in and decided to go for them.

I rented a bike, which let me be a little free and just explore the area. I loved the park with all that it has to offer, from kykakyng (which i loved) to springs, to just sit down under a tree ( and see the dogs play).

I enjoyed walking 6th street and entering a bar (can't remember the name) for an occasional cool beer (very needed in that kind fo weather). Also walked a lot in the area called So-Co ... just a cool area to walk around.

But I think that what turned my 4 days there into such amazing days was the poeple I met. rom the guys at the bike store to the people at my now fav brewery , to occasional people I met in the streets.. each one I met had a suggestion of things I can do or places i can see and thats how i worked..

I guess if you are looking for a "sight seeing" trip... my recommendations won't be much worthy, but if like me, what you like is meeting people and getting to live the atmosphere.... thats what did it for me

Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,869,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelddub View Post
I guess if you are looking for a "sight seeing" trip... my recommendations won't be much worthy, but if like me, what you like is meeting people and getting to live the atmosphere.... thats what did it for me
And that's what Austin is all about.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:53 PM

308 posts, read 600,425 times
Glad you had a wonderful time here. Now, when-ever you are ready there are jobs lined up waiting for you anytime.

So..... come'on over!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin