Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:43 AM

433 posts, read 1,657,287 times

Advertisements

We're looking at a home in Teravista. We really like it and the feedback on this development seems to be positive.

But is Teravista really worth the high taxes, which I believe are over 3%?

Any info on appreciation in this development?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 07:59 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
I have some friends who live in that subdivision, and they love it. My neighbors parents live there - and she really regrets that she didn't build a home there. She's there constantly and talks so positively about it. I haven't heard a single negative. They have great amenities - and that area is being very built up (more restaurants are coming in, as well as more of the outlets). With that of course, will eventually bring more traffic.

I guess the only negative I have heard is that you currently have to drive down into RR to go to the grocery store. That will change at some point I am sure.

I know that appreciation, even with the building on-going, has been strong. A lot and home she was looking at 2 yrs ago has already significantly gone up.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:23 AM

80 posts, read 346,385 times
Property taxes in the north of Austin are generally higher. If you are buying re-sale, what are the current taxes on this home? Are you willing to pay $8,000 in taxes in a $238K home? Most people relocating to Austin are shocked when told what our property rates are. Add the cost of the toll roads to your property taxes. Bottom line is can you afford it?
Without the specifics, ie. the section in Teravista, size, age, etc., looking at the homes recently sold, the average sq. ft. price is $91-97.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:24 PM

112 posts, read 682,857 times
We were seriously thinking to build a house in Teravesta with Highland Homes. They have some very good plans. But I eventually backed out and bought a Highland spec home in Hidden Glen. It is the same plan that I am interested but with more upgrade and much less money. The other main reasons:
1. High taxes, 3.12% to be exact while I pay only 2.49% in Hidden Glen
2. Traffic concern. ACC will build the largest campus there. Texas State will expand. I don't want to share road with too many teenagers.
3. If I build a house there, I will have to tolerate a few years of mud and construction noise.
4. House there is not in as uniform as in Hidden Glen. The houses there range from 100K to 500k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: