Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:58 PM

117 posts, read 538,158 times

Advertisements

I would very much appreciate a recommendation for a good gastroenterologist in Austin.

Westside/Lake Travis area would be ideal.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 9,458 times
Did you ever get a recommendation? I could use one as well...

Old 11-20-2008, 05:07 PM

324 posts, read 1,311,834 times
Default Ge

Stassen --offices on research and near round rock hospital
utts----offices at seton main, but likely practices snw/rr
both oldtimers with very good reps

Old 11-21-2008, 06:21 PM

74 posts, read 216,977 times
I just wanted to recommend Free Doctor Reviews & Ratings - Vitals.com. Rate & Review Top Doctors in America. to search as well. I don't know any in that area so figured this was the best I could do

Old 11-22-2008, 11:34 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,926,362 times
I've heard Stassesn's name mentioned from some of my coworkers. I used another doctor from Austin Gastroenterology and was not happy, but Stassen came highly recommended. I've been needing to make an appointment, I'll let you know if I do see him.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 8,972 times
hey i was just wondering if any of you have been to a good gastroenterologist as well. i am looking to find one to see, but i was recommended to to austin gastroenterology, but the reviews i've been seeing have not been good on them. please let me know, it would be very helpful because i need to see one

Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,536 times
Dr. Kevin Hsu with Austin Gastro group is who I use and I know of several others who use him as well. I have been VERY pleased!

http://www.austingastro.com/docbios/hsu.html (broken link)

Old 06-23-2009, 08:55 AM

33 posts, read 110,398 times
Dr. Tom McHorse, located in Seton Medical Park Tower, is highly regarded. My mother and many of her friends have used him for years.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,400 times
I HAVE JUST MOVED TO AUSTIN A MONTH AGO. WAS LOOKING FOR A GASTROENTEROLGIST. SAW austin gastroenterology CALLED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT... AND THE INITIAL CONTACT FROM THE SCHEDUALING PERSON WAS SO COLD AND RUDE THAT I JUST TOLD HER TO FORGET ABOUT THE APPT ALTOGETHER!! I EXPLAINED TO HER I WAS NEW TO THE AREA, AND AND NEEDED A PHYSICAL ADDRESS, ALL SHE DID WAS TELL ME IT WAS BEHIND SOME OTHER STRUCTURE, I TOLD HER JOKINGLY THAT I DIDNT EVEN KNOW MY WAY AROUND MY HOUSE AND A ADDRESS WOULD HELP ME... SHE AGAIN DIRECTED ME TO THE WEB ADDRESS...!!!!!! WTF!!! WHEN SHE ASKED ME WHERE I WORKED I TOLD HER I DIDNT. THERE WAS A LONG PAUSE AND A LOT OF TYPING.... I AM RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, NOT SOME SCANK. DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SHE COULD NOT JUST GIVE ME AN ADDRESS!!! I DONT DO RUDE,,,,PLUS I HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES TO ACCESS THAT WEBSITE WITHOUT SUCCESS..... I WOULD NOT GO OR RECCOMENT THEM IF MY ENTRAILS WERE FALLING OUT!.....M

Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 PM

27 posts, read 77,820 times
He is retired and is now at Austin Regional Clinic. I th8ink he is North a couple of days and South a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetxstang View Post
Dr. Tom McHorse, located in Seton Medical Park Tower, is highly regarded. My mother and many of her friends have used him for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin