Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:16 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times

Advertisements

Interesting list. That Jack Rustler(as my young nephew used to call them) must have hit a major artery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 02:15 PM

3,078 posts, read 3,262,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Interesting list. That Jack Rustler(as my young nephew used to call them) must have hit a major artery.
Maybe it was a "Tear'ier" (bada boom)

I like how the "Total" is 104%

Old 10-04-2011, 02:25 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Maybe it was a "Tear'ier" (bada boom)

We thought our Scottish Terrier might 'get together' with her Bichon Frise boyfriend. Then we would have a 'biscotti'.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:51 PM

547 posts, read 1,434,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaR1988 View Post
Hey everyone i have the most adorable 4 month old pit bull but i am having a really hard time trying to find a rental place in Round Rock, Hutto or North Austin that will allow me to have him. Anyone know of anywhere?

Thank you!
I didn't bother to read the 500 posts on here, but if you contact any apartment locator in Austin (like the ones on Craigslist in the housing wanted section) they will be able to help you out. They helped me find an apartment with a German Shepherd, which is notable because it is on both the aggressive breeds list and the large dogs list, so that was two strikes against.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:51 PM

8 posts, read 15,358 times
So although i love hearing all the debate about pit bulls (sarcastic) none of this really helped me find a place. I have found a relator that is willing to help me find a place and have talked to insurance companies about purchasing my own insurance that will cover my pit bull so that the home-owner doesn't have to pay for it. Honestly it makes me so sad to think of the rep pit bulls have. I understand that in the wrong hands they can be dangerous but in the right loving home they are the sweetest dogs. My dog couldn't hurt a fly. All he wants to do is play and cuddle even with strangers and it makes me so sad that people automatically hate him and judge him because he is a pit bull, just because he is strong.

Any ways thank you everyone for your opinions and information on insurance and pit bulls but I already knew that I was just looking to see if any one knew of any rentals in the area. So if you do know of any open rentals please feel free to send me a message, otherwise, I've heard enough.

Thanks

Old 10-04-2011, 07:16 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,015,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
A few of the killings were by multiple dogs so it's not a 1 kill to 1 dog ratio.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:52 AM

71 posts, read 146,548 times
I think perhaps the Triangle Residences at 45th and Lamar. I saw a few pits or pit mixes playing at the park there.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,735,213 times
I've been to the new Austin animal shelter twice in the last two weeks. The facilities are impressive, but the thing that surprised me the most was that in the large dog section pit bulls and pit bull mixes were far and away the most prevalent dog. Sometimes I would walk past 3 or 4 in a row!

Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM

847 posts, read 766,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What if I sued you for a million, for discriminating against me as an individual, for something that is not illegal. That is a deep civil rights issue.
I'm not renting to you because of the way you look.(because your black) remember those days of old?
owning an animal is not civil rights issue. not even close

the government already has rules for people not owning certain exotic animals.

if it serves the welfare of the public the government could ban you even from owning cats.

and if the government can do that. certainly the homeowner can do it.
and secondly the homeowners already can impose no pets policies.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:58 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,432,349 times
It's a coincidence that I got this today, but I got this today... I have a friend who loves her pit bull so much she's always bragging about what a faithful and loyal companion he is, and she's always posting pictures of him online. Then earlier this week, in her living room, for no apparent reason, the dog tore into her daughter and sent her to the hospital.

Now she's heartbroken, her daughter is injured, the dog was put down, and an insurance claim will be filed. This will go into the insurance industry database, and used to determine insurance policies in the future. Most landlords don't rent to tenants who have any of the "dangerous breeds" that are banned by insurance companies, based not on hype or bias, but on actually damage or liability claims such as this one.

And that's why so few landlords will rent to the owner of a pit bull, because their insurance doesn't allow it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin