Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2011, 02:43 PM

34 posts, read 53,854 times

Advertisements

Who has had good luck recently with a traffic attorney in Williamson county?

Got a no signal ticket turning into a gas station, totally bogus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2011, 03:51 PM

554 posts, read 1,745,782 times
A traffic attourney seriously do those exist? Why would you want to pay somebody hundreds of dollars to get rid of something that costs less to just pay? Also If you haven't got a ticket in the last 12 months in that city or county and you pay the court costs and take a traffic school it wont go on your record at all. I did cap city comedy club for mine and got 2 free tickets to the club.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
SomeGuyAtx has a point. Generally if it's your first citation, you can just take DD and get it off your record. Even if it's your 2nd or 3rd in a 12 month period, there are simple ways to keep it off your record. However, if you have extenuating circumstances (or are determined to fight the citation regardless of cost) then a lawyer could come in handy. Sorry I don't have any recommendations though (well, not sorry since it's one of those things I'd rather not have any direct experience in ).

Just check out your ticket, it should have instructions on what to do if you want to take DD.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:38 AM

There are docket attorneys that handle tickets routinely for around 35-40 dollars. That is what I was looking for, they pretty much exist everywhere but I am just not familiar with ones that handle that county.

I have not gotten a ticket for anything in well over 10 years.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyntexn View Post
Who has had good luck recently with a traffic attorney in Williamson county?

Got a no signal ticket turning into a gas station, totally bogus.
How was it bogus? Failing to signal is a traffic violation. Are you suggesting that you did signal and the cop is lying? If you have a witness you might prevail, but if its just your word against the cop's the court will usually side with the cop.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
How was it bogus? Failing to signal is a traffic violation. Are you suggesting that you did signal and the cop is lying? If you have a witness you might prevail, but if its just your word against the cop's the court will usually side with the cop.
Bogus because it was on. There were 10-15 of them pulling over every car rolling through within the mile. It was obviously tax night.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:53 PM

597 posts, read 1,316,783 times
I'd actually recommend getting a lawyer on minor traffic stuff if you can afford it. The long term implications on your insurance could cost more than a lawyer. So few lawyers get involved on traffic court cases I've seen judges throw them out just to move things along.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:27 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyatx View Post
A traffic attourney seriously do those exist? Why would you want to pay somebody hundreds of dollars to get rid of something that costs less to just pay? Also If you haven't got a ticket in the last 12 months in that city or county and you pay the court costs and take a traffic school it wont go on your record at all. I did cap city comedy club for mine and got 2 free tickets to the club.
It doesnt cost hundreds of dollars. I had a ticket canceled and it cost about $100. The same as deferred adjudication. I had to because I had recently gotten another ticket. I wish I had fought the first one too. The first one was two lights across I-35. They turned yellow and then red too fast, I started to try to stop when I saw the yellow but realized I was going to fast. This caused me to enter the intersection while it was red. The key though was that the yellow was way too short to safely stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: