Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,503 times

Advertisements

Hello,
thanks to all the people who post on this forum, there is such a great deal of valuable information here.

We are looking to move to Austin in December - after school finishes (so around the 19th) and want to be in rental before Christmas.

We are looking in the north (Round Rock area) due to work.

From what I have read here, it sounds like Avery Ranch might be the place for us. (Obviously we'd prefer somewhere IN Austin but need to be close to work).

I am coming to Austin this Thursday-Sunday to scout out areas.

We are looking to rent a house that is in the Patsy Sommer Elementary school district. It seems that Avery Ranch is split into 2 school districts so we need to make sure we are in the right area.

Can somebody PM me a good agent who might be able to help me at short notice. I know you cannot post links due to forum rules but any help is much appreciated.

thanks in advance. Looking forward to Austin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 AM

1,445 posts, read 3,267,869 times
AR school district is split by Parmer. East of Parmer you have the RRISD, and went of Parmer you have the LISD. If I am still unable to leave the area by next year, my 5 year old with begin attending Pasty Sommers school because we live east of Parmer. I guess it's a good school, but who really knows. There tend to be more rental homes on the west side of Parmer, for cheaper. There are a few rentals in my neighborhood, but not too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoaustin2011 View Post
Hello,
thanks to all the people who post on this forum, there is such a great deal of valuable information here.

We are looking to move to Austin in December - after school finishes (so around the 19th) and want to be in rental before Christmas.

From what I have read here, it sounds like Avery Ranch might be the place for us. (Obviously we'd prefer somewhere IN Austin but need to be close to work).

We are looking to rent a house that is in the Patsy Sommer Elementary school district. It seems that Avery Ranch is split into 2 school districts so we need to make sure we are in the right area.

Can somebody PM me a good agent who might be able to help me at short notice. I know you cannot post links due to forum rules but any help is much appreciated.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:59 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepstein View Post
AR school district is split by Parmer. East of Parmer you have the RRISD, and went of Parmer you have the LISD. If I am still unable to leave the area by next year, my 5 year old with begin attending Pasty Sommers school because we live east of Parmer. I guess it's a good school, but who really knows. There tend to be more rental homes on the west side of Parmer, for cheaper. There are a few rentals in my neighborhood, but not too many.
A thousand pardons, neighbor; but the dividing line is not so cut and dried. Our street(Whitley Bay), on the north side of Avery Ranch Blvd., has some homes in LISD and some in RRISD--depending on the side of the street!(and even that varies, depending on how close to Roy Butler). Whitley Bay Dr. is one mile east of Parmer, so it can be quite confusing.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtoaustin2011 View Post
Hello,

Couple of things...Avery Ranch IS in AUSTIN--city limits of. Yes, RR is just down the street, but AR is within the city boundaries of Austin, TX 78717
Neighborhoods within AR:
If you look in Parkside, you could walk to Patsy Sommer ES and not even cross Avery Ranch Blvd. Also, Creekside and Waters Edge are on the same side(north) of the Blvd, with Westchester just across the street.

Things are going to get even more interesting since RRISD has new schools going in adjacent to the Pearson Place development--directly across the Blvd from Patsy Sommer.

1/4 mile to the east and you're in Round Rock(Brushy Creek)...even though the RRISD extends well into Austin(and much of LISD is nowhere near Leander---odd Texas school district thing going on everywhere).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin