Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:57 PM

268 posts, read 391,767 times

Advertisements

Re: austin97

Okay then, I stand corrected. There is nothing wrong with the system. It's my flawed personality. And the global uprising, rioting and occupying is just a coincidence. Everything is fine.

Just remember that when some "Bureau" calls you out of the blue just before Xmas and says you owe them $1,100.00 because you drove on their road three years ago.

Last edited by handog; 11-17-2011 at 08:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 AM

308 posts, read 600,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
Re: austin97

Okay then, I stand corrected. There is nothing wrong with the system. It's my flawed personality. And the global uprising, rioting and occupying is just a coincidence. Everything is fine.

Just remember that when some "Bureau" calls you out of the blue just before Xmas and says you owe them $1,100.00 because you drove on their road three years ago.

In the 3 years you could have just put some money into a CD and maybe have it paid off by now.

Surprised you didn't change your contact number.

Run Bueller Run!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/npim7rHRt94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Bueller Run - YouTube

Old 11-18-2011, 04:48 AM

308 posts, read 600,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
I was all over the 45 toll road yesterday...glad it's there.

Heck yea!! I used to take 45 all the time to get to church. Saved me 20 minutes and cost only pennys on the dollar

Old 11-20-2011, 01:33 PM

The problem is over taxation and regulation. Too many ^ are willing to bend Moderator cut: see comment

Last edited by Bo; 11-22-2011 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Find another analogy to describe this. The one you used is not appropriate for a PG-13 board.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:37 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,543 times
Quote:
The problem is over taxation and regulation. Too many ^ are willing to bend
Sigh. Toll roads are the opposite of taxation. You only pay if you use it, which is the exact opposite of normal roads where your TAX dollars pay whether you set tire on them or not.

Aren't you done ranting yet?

I will leave you now to your bending Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by Bo; 11-22-2011 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original, remainder of last sentence was orphaned by changes to original.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
Sigh. Toll roads are the opposite of taxation. You only pay if you use it, which is the exact opposite of normal roads where your TAX dollars pay whether you set tire on them or not.

Aren't you done ranting yet?

I will leave you now to your bending over fantasies.
Thank you for pointing out what may be incredibly obvious to your High School buddies however, those of us that do not live at home and travel for a living the toll is indeed a tax.

Before you were born many things were taken for granted including TV, highways and full service gas stations. We are even bagging our own shopping items now and yes, that is a Tax!

Bend Moderator cut: see comment Jay. Uncle Sam wants you! LOL

Last edited by Bo; 11-22-2011 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: See my edit to your previous post for details.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:13 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,543 times
Quote:
Thank you for pointing out what may be incredibly obvious to your High School buddies however, those of us that do not live at home and travel for a living the toll is indeed a tax.

Before you were born many things were taken for granted including TV, highways and full service gas stations. We are even bagging our own shopping items now and yes, that is a Tax!

Bend Jay. Uncle Sam wants you! LOL
It's not a tax if you can CHOOSE not to take them, which you can.

I am sorry you live in a fantasy land where you think that TV over the airwaves and highways were all "complimentary". They weren't.

This is going to surprise you because, old as you are, you don't have any idea how the world around you functions..BUT ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT DOES IS NOT FREE. Everything in this country provided by the government since 1776 was paid for with your taxes. That includes "free" TV and highways. The fact that you do not understand these things, yet will whine about them incesstantly, is like the perfect snapshot of American society. A lot of really loud uninformed people whining about things they don't understand, it makes me sad for this country.

Also, the internet you are typing on is not a series of tubes. And the earth revolves around the sun. I am sorry to drop all these new fangled ideas on your head. Hopefully you can handle them all without having a stroke.

Last edited by Bo; 11-22-2011 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 AM

293 posts, read 730,344 times
Quote:

Bend Jay. Uncle Sam wants you! LOL
This is a joke post, right? Please tell me this is a joke.

Last edited by Bo; 11-22-2011 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:36 PM

I'm skimming over the hate mail posts. I have recently been told there are misdemeanor charges pending. So, it's okay for them to turn a $1.85 toll into $62.00? That is immoral and should be illegal. Again, I never received a bill. Who is the criminal here?

Read below, they are not interested in the tolls. They want the late fees. The equally corrupt PD will back them up.

"For those of you who feel you are so much better than this woman and are bashing her; step off. You damned well this isn’t fair and if you were in the same situation you’d be complaining too. But then again, maybe ya’ll work for these corrupt people."

Now I'm done with my "rant"

Rockwall Woman’s $300 Toll Bill Now Nearly $18K « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Last edited by handog; 11-21-2011 at 02:07 PM..

Old 11-21-2011, 02:47 PM

399 posts, read 974,317 times
Oh, it's a racket, for sure. I wonder if the MSB will end up being sued as well. The last time I temped there, they wouldn't give me my own password for the computer that I was using (like they had the previous two times), but instead had me use another employee's password - she did not like this at all, but apparently she didn't have any say. The computer was set to lock up if I didn't touch it for 5 minutes, so I kept having to go get the employee to come unlock it because she didn't want me to have her password. Each time she came over, she got progressively more passive-aggressive, to the point where she was slamming the keyboard around and banging on the keys. Finally, I was given her password so she wouldn't have to keep coming over, but I'd had it by that point. I went out to lunch and called the temp agency to tell them I wasn't coming back and to never place me there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin