Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 02:27 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,569,520 times

Advertisements

Business, Personal Finance, Technology, Employment news for Austin and Central Texas | Statesman.com

Hate to see it so soon; but I reckon it'll work out. Selfishly, I'm glad it doesn't affect the stores I frequent(although I did stop in the Anderson Lane store whenever I visited Play It Again Sports). Great Hills and Round Rock both seem to be bustling.(Doesn't mean they're selling anything or making money or paying the rent, but at least they seem busy )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 02:47 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,066,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Business, Personal Finance, Technology, Employment news for Austin and Central Texas | Statesman.com

Hate to see it so soon; but I reckon it'll work out. Selfishly, I'm glad it doesn't affect the stores I frequent(although I did stop in the Anderson Lane store whenever I visited Play It Again Sports). Great Hills and Round Rock both seem to be bustling.(Doesn't mean they're selling anything or making money or paying the rent, but at least they seem busy )
Hmmm. The Brodie Lane spot would perfect for a Trader Joes! (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,222,503 times
Sad but I guess there really was some poor planning involved with stores being so close to one another. We fell in love with Sprouts in CO. I'd be very sad if the one I frequent closed too but it's always packed.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:07 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,569,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Hmmm. The Brodie Lane spot would perfect for a Trader Joes! (Sorry, I couldn't resist).
Oh, NO you don't! I have the location picked out up here at Avery Ranch for the first TJ's Austin store.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:11 PM

390 posts, read 671,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post

I couldn't agree more!!!

I was underwhelmed with Sprouts when we moved here. For a more "natural" grocery store, they seem to be significantly lacking organic produce. The conventional produce they carried was priced good, but the organic produce selection at HEB at Slaughter and Escarpment is better than Sprouts.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:14 PM

5,870 posts, read 11,942,410 times
I figured it was a matter of time for the one in Rollingwood - there's never anyone there when we go. Since we lost Sunflower (formerly Newflower) in Bee Cave, the Rollingwood Sprouts was the next closest one. Is the one they are closing on Brodie the one in Sunset Valley? I guess that means the old Sun Harvest location will stay open - which is where we were shopping before either Sprouts or Newflower came along! We are supposed to be getting a Whole Paycheck in Bee Cave next year. I'd rather have the Trader Joes!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM

212 posts, read 477,968 times
I actually thought that Sprouts was expensive. Not quite getting a Whole Foods experience, but certainly paying the price. The first Trader Joes in Texas will be in Fort Worth and Houston, opening next spring.

Trader Joe's confirms Hulen Street location in Fort Worth | Business | Dallas Business, ... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11/07/3507649/trader-joes-will-open-store-on.html - broken link)

Old 11-29-2011, 03:50 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,142,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ27 View Post
I couldn't agree more!!!

I was underwhelmed with Sprouts when we moved here. For a more "natural" grocery store, they seem to be significantly lacking organic produce. The conventional produce they carried was priced good, but the organic produce selection at HEB at Slaughter and Escarpment is better than Sprouts.
Yeah it was weird, their organic section was tiny. I would have expected them to sell only organic produce.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,895,368 times
I knew it was a matter of time for the Rollingwood/Westlake store. Never seemed to be more than 10 customers there, ever. But dang, I loved that store. Much better produce at a much lower cost than HEB. Cleaner store. Only reason I didn't buy everything there is because you can't buy everything there...

Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM

515 posts, read 1,398,005 times
I shop a lot at the one on Brodie, so I'm sorry to see it go. However I'm not surprised as it's never that crowded inside. I will miss it, but guess I can go to the one on S. Lamar instead. I agree - it's a perfect size for a TJ's. Oh well, one can always dream I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin