Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM

51 posts, read 237,095 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any opinions of Sendero Springs in Round Rock? It seems like a nice neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,465,334 times
The houses and the area is nice, convenient to the outlet malls and IKEA and a nice HEB. But if you have kids, the RRISD schools are NOT close by.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Schools in 1431/RR Area

Being that there are alot of new neighborhoods being built out in the 1431 area, I would assume that new schools would eventually be built closer in that area one day.

Am I off based in making this assumption?

We don't have any kids right now, but plan to do so in the near future. And I think our sales rep told us that a new elementary school was going to be built soon. But I'm not too sure if I hear right.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:09 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,279,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilagri View Post
Being that there are alot of new neighborhoods being built out in the 1431 area, I would assume that new schools would eventually be built closer in that area one day.

Am I off based in making this assumption?

We don't have any kids right now, but plan to do so in the near future. And I think our sales rep told us that a new elementary school was going to be built soon. But I'm not too sure if I hear right.
I'd press the sales rep for where the school is slated to go and then check on the RRISD website, call them or google it to find out if the plans are firm or still tentative. Good luck!

Old 11-14-2007, 10:49 AM

132 posts, read 542,155 times
I have a friend that just moved on to Sendero (we actually considered it as well, before deciding to move to SW Austin) and he really loves it. I believe that the Elem, school out there is Cactus Ranch located in Beherens Ranch. Which is awesome! That is becuase the teacher to student ratio is very low, but as growth continues that direction the ratio is rising. One thing to consider about the 1431 area is traffic, its only getting worse and there are no improvements planned. You can still get lots of home for your dollar in Sendero as well. Relatively speaking of course.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:03 PM

225 posts, read 851,137 times
You can take a back way out of Sendaro to Sam Bass Rd. and you can by pass traffic if you would like and it is a beautiful drive.
They will be buliding a school in Stone Oaks across the 1431, which I highly doubt Sendaro Springs kids will go to, due to crossing the 1431.
But Cactus Ranch is min. away and I have only heard wonderful things about it and it is rated highly!
Round Rock Independent School District - Cactus Ranch Elementary
Also a brand new middle school will be built in Welsch Ranch only min. away also.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:13 PM

314 posts, read 1,230,229 times
I was in Walsh Ranch yesterday and the middle school will be open fall of 2008. They do not have the boundary lines decided yet, they just had all of those meetings in October. But Sendero Springs is slated to go there in all four of the options proposed.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:05 AM

212 posts, read 1,076,446 times
We also looked at Sendero but there were no floor plans that met our needs. My son goes to Cactus Ranch, it is awesome!

The Streetman rep there really spent a lot of time selling us on all the high quality construction methods they use - she was selling it to is nail by nail.

We have friends in Sendero and haven't heard anything bad from them. If you have kids and want to lock them into a good school, Behrens Ranch is within walking distance and Walsh Ranch is also a great neighborhood.

I did hear the pool at Sendero was heated...

Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 AM

what is the tax rate in round rock? i hear it's higher than most areas.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:01 PM

212 posts, read 1,076,446 times
tax rates vary by neighborhood. If you are in a MUD it will be higher (Municipal Utility District). I think my rate is 2.72
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin