Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 PM

37 posts, read 134,626 times

Advertisements

Schools in Round Rock are better IMO. We live in north Austin, are zoned to Pflugerville schools, but I send my kids to school in Round Rock. (Divorced with joint custody so using his address.) I don't think Pflugerville schools are bad though. But I like that my daughter can go to a high school with an IB program, seemingly better academics, and seems like more sports/activities, but that may because RR is bigger.

Other than that I think the areas are pretty similar as far living. Obviously Pflugerville is much smaller, but you also have easy access to Austin as it all blends together. If you have to work or be in Austin a lot I'd go with Pflugerville because the traffic can be pretty bad. We won't move to RR simply because the commute would be terrible into Austin everyday. I think RR would be a great choice if you can work in the area because it's large enough you would not have to come to Austin frequently unless you wanted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 AM

709 posts, read 1,400,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrown80 View Post
I'll just stick to my own experiences rather than ask a stranger.

But everyone has different experiences. Too many people complain about Wilco for them all to be crazy.

I can only speak for MYSELF, and I personally have never had any problems.
You say this but in an earlier post say you have absolutely zero experience with law enforcement from either. So if you have zero experience than why would you value your non-experience more than another who has had experiences involving law enforcement in those places?

I have heard so many horror stories regarding their cops and courts. After all the horrifying recent national media Williamson County and its disgustingly crooked court systems has received I find it to be a huge national embarrassment to Central Texas. Heck I find it to be almost as big an embarrassment to Texas as that idiot aggy we have for a Governor.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:10 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ View Post
You say this but in an earlier post say you have absolutely zero experience with law enforcement from either. So if you have zero experience than why would you value your non-experience more than another who has had experiences involving law enforcement in those places?.
Because I don't trust anonymous posters on the internet.

Most posters complaining about Wilco say that you can't even walk out your front door with out a SWAT team descending on you and arresting you for not wearing clean underwear.

As I have walked out my front door whilst living in Wilco several times without being attacked, my experience of NOT having problems trumps their ridiculous stories of being singled out.

I don't have ZERO experience sir.....I have not had any experiences with law enforcement going out of their way to get me, which is what the whiny people on here are saying happens.

If their stories were believeable, then perhaps I would listen to them. If they had more reputation points, or if I had more experience with their veracity as posters, then perhaps I would listen to them.

But most Wilco horror stories are just people ranting, the details make no sense, and ultimately we usually find out that the poster if lying and has a chip on their shoulder b/c they broke the law and expected to get away with it.

Why would I listen to them and take their words as the gospel truth? Seems rather foolish to me....but to each their own.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevoLJ View Post
You say this but in an earlier post say you have absolutely zero experience with law enforcement from either. So if you have zero experience than why would you value your non-experience more than another who has had experiences involving law enforcement in those places?

I have heard so many horror stories regarding their cops and courts. After all the horrifying recent national media Williamson County and its disgustingly crooked court systems has received I find it to be a huge national embarrassment to Central Texas. Heck I find it to be almost as big an embarrassment to Texas as that idiot aggy we have for a Governor.
Yes, Wilco is a horrible fascist gulag, run by totally corrupt nazi fanatics who will crush the life out of all you innocent people. Our Gestapo squads are setting up checkpoints everywhere to accelerate the county's revenue stream as we speak.

Please DO NOT move here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, gotta go - a SWAT team is banging on my door and there are black helicopters hovering overhead.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM

709 posts, read 1,400,952 times
Armybrat, aren't you like one of original settlers who founded Round Rock? If they will go after you then .... Yikes!

Old 04-13-2012, 03:52 PM

18 posts, read 33,210 times
I have a friend who is a defense attorney, and he says: "In Williamson County innocence is taken into consideration in the sentencing."

Old 04-13-2012, 04:21 PM

1,157 posts, read 2,651,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfresca View Post
re: Williamson County watch "60 Minutes" for small town Texas justice. You could do a tv show just on the bogus prosecutions in Texas and it would run longer than a soap opera.
You beat me to it.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 596 times
My husband just got a transferred to Pflugerville- we have a 13 year son who is loves sports and being out doors, riding bikes, swimming etc... Are either of these 2 better for teenagers as far as activities?

Old 10-28-2018, 07:53 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,544,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfam5 View Post
My husband just got a transferred to Pflugerville- we have a 13 year son who is loves sports and being out doors, riding bikes, swimming etc... Are either of these 2 better for teenagers as far as activities?

I'd recommend starting a fresh thread, rather than tag on to one that's a whiner sounding board. A new thread that pinpoints your concerns/desires will get you some good information.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:46 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,469,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfam5 View Post
Both offer the same as far as I'm concerned.

I'd stick to east round rock if his job is in Pflugerville or Pflugerville proper. both are basically sister cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin