U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 05:14 PM

57 posts, read 106,316 times

Advertisements

Looking for some help here. I'm looking to find locations of popular street art around austin including murals like greetings from austin of south congress for example and general street art around town including Graffiti. I see images in my mind but cant remember where exactly and can't find a online resource to help with locations. I want to make a trip out of get some photography inspiration and see if i can incorporate it into a nice background for a photoshoot. Any scultpure places anyone knows about?

Also, any update where the chrome cow sculpture is at now?

Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 06:10 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,488,681 times
There are two 'spray paintings' on the west-facing wall of the railroad bridge, east of the Lamar Bridge. One says 'Focus on One Point and Breathe' and the other says "Let's Pretend We Are Robots".
Apparently there is one that says 'Life = Change, Be Flexible" but I've never seen it. All of these have accompanying imagery.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM

16,791 posts, read 43,835,686 times
austin texas murals - Google Search

Quote:
...the mural on Eighth Street (on the wall beside Hickory Street Bar and Grill).

Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM

3,765 posts, read 8,200,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag more bark less View Post
There are two 'spray paintings' on the west-facing wall of the railroad bridge, east of the Lamar Bridge. One says 'Focus on One Point and Breathe' and the other says "Let's Pretend We Are Robots".
Apparently there is one that says 'Life = Change, Be Flexible" but I've never seen it. All of these have accompanying imagery.
They painted over that one.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 AM

8 posts, read 15,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chailof View Post

It sits on the corner just outside Johnson city, on hwy 290 heading west. Stunning

Old 03-09-2012, 12:49 PM

3,765 posts, read 8,200,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue-wave View Post
It sits on the corner just outside Johnson city, on hwy 290 heading west. Stunning
I didn't realize that was the same cow, but if it is, here is the information about that particular sculpture ranch.
The Benini Studio and Sculpture Ranch

Old 03-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chailof View Post
Looking for some help here. I'm looking to find locations of popular street art around austin including murals like greetings from austin of south congress for example and general street art around town including Graffiti. I see images in my mind but cant remember where exactly and can't find a online resource to help with locations. I want to make a trip out of get some photography inspiration and see if i can incorporate it into a nice background for a photoshoot. Any scultpure places anyone knows about?

That is a pretty cool sculpture. There are more by that artist here, Bettye Hamblen Truner: Hi-Ho by B.H.Turner at the Sculpture Ranch

Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 AM

709 posts, read 1,222,491 times
There is a really nice new one @ Sixth Street and I-35 Frontage Road intersection on the west side. Looking at Historic (Dirty) Sixth from I-35 it is on the wall on the left.

I love it. It is a nice welcome to Austin. What do y'all think? Here is a video of it being made:

The 6th Street Mural Project on Vimeo

Sanctuary Printshop » Mural design and paint for Sixth Street Historic District

Old 08-29-2012, 10:41 AM

2,008 posts, read 2,430,132 times
Graffiti wall near castle hill in clarksville

Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM

Default i love you so much.

Cute story:

"i love you so much."

Iconic Austin: “I love You" and "I Love You More” Signs on South Congress

Quote:
A major part of the “Keep Austin Weird” mantra is being able to express love openly. In July 2010, local Austin musician Amy Cook expressed her love for her partner Liz Lambert, majority owner of Jo’s Hot Coffee Good Foods on South Congress. Cook knew Lambert was having a bad day and decided to spray paint on Jo’s North wall the words, “I love you so much”. The simple red spray paint in one of Austin’s most visited areas quickly became a hot spot for tourists and Austinites alike. There are smiling photos, kissing photos, and goofy photos taken in front of the words on the light green wall every day. The picture-perfect spot is also used for many wedding and engagement photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin