Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 AM

445 posts, read 1,809,632 times

Advertisements

I know most every post i read is how horrendous the heat/humidity is.......BUT what about the other times of the year??

We are in So. Cal (desert area) It is very hot here, 100+, winters are ok, cold to me is anything below 75 (i am used to being toasty) Nights in the winter are easily, 28 and days in the 40's -50's. Not too much rain, although 2 years ago we had 33 inches, which was huge for us!!

So if anyone call elaborate on the seasons and weather, and is it reall that horrible, we would really appreciate it!!!

I look on my MSN homepage at the weather, and i have Austin on there, is it pretty true?? Because there are days i look on there and the humdity says 62%, and here at home it says 50%+/- so I wonder how bad it really is?? and how long does it last??

Thanks all, we are still trying to plan our trip out there, and wondered what the weather is like in October??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 12:25 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,014,187 times
Mid-October to Mid-November is the best. Usually sunny and mild temps in the 60-70s.

Due to a lot of summer rainfall, the past few years summer has not been that hot with the highs in the mid 90s with few 100 days but the humidity is stifling. You will sweat just standing there because of it. One thing that most people who move here "who know heat" don't realize is that it does NOT cool off at night. It can be over 90 degrees at 8pm or 8am. We don't get the cool breezes in the evenings and big temperature drops into the 50s or 60s at night. If it's 75 at 2am, that a cold summer night.

Winters are pretty mild other than one or two ice storms that shut everything down for a few days at a time.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:48 PM

So like Arizona with humidity??

We have a house near Laughlin, because we love to got to the lake, and it is an EASY 118+ all day, and your lucky if it "cools" off to 100 at night, in the peak months of course. Which are June-September...i say it is hotter than hell......(i am assuming) hahaha

Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
July and August are typically the worst months anywhere in Texas.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:39 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times
Its not as hot as Arizona...dry or humid or whatever. I've been to Phoenix and my husband travels there all the time. He burns up there and he likes it warm!

Its difficult to describe the weather here because it is just so inconsistant.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:48 AM

Thanks all, as we are trying to find out as much information and take it all in, and make the right decision for uor famil. I appreciate your help!!

Thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravenClan View Post
I look on my MSN homepage at the weather, and i have Austin on there, is it pretty true?? Because there are days i look on there and the humdity says 62%, and here at home it says 50%+/- so I wonder how bad it really is?? and how long does it last??

Thanks all, we are still trying to plan our trip out there, and wondered what the weather is like in October??
I think you're doing the right thing asking a lot of questions...finding the best place possible for you family Good job!

I haven't checked out the MSN weather, but I'm sure its true. If you want to check it from a local station and even look at different parts of town, try:

KXAN.com - News, Weather, Sports - Austin, TX | Weather

Keep asking those questions and good luck!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
One of the moms in playgroup loves to say "If you don't like the weather in Texas, wait a few minutes, it'll change"

Old 09-13-2007, 12:39 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,290,459 times
I just still don't think Austin is that humid for the most part. If you actually watch the weather in other places (as the original poster mentioned), the humidity here is often similar to the west coast.. maybe 10% higher. It is NOTHING like the Eastern U.S. or the Southeast/Gulf Coastal areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: