Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 04:53 PM

20 posts, read 49,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeptrance View Post
Hey Bayou Bill, I don't think anyone answered your original question about needing info re: south Austin.

It's south of the northern and central parts of Austin.

I hope that helps!
DT, you have full permission, even sincere encouragement, to return to the trance from which you sprung.

Have a good weekend.

Bayou Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2006, 07:26 PM

806 posts, read 2,876,960 times
No wonder my ears have been burning! I guess there's truth in the saying, "Turn your back for a minute and you'll find the inmates running the asylum!"

Carry on...

Old 09-23-2006, 10:46 AM

944 posts, read 3,946,284 times
I'm just happy that people finally started calling me "DT" --- it's what I prefer as a nickname online and whenever I join a forum I use a name that ultimately gets reduced to DT.

Thanks, Bayou and Spooky (Spooky Bayou? What is that, the name of a zydeco band????) --- you're making me feel more at home here now. (BB, The Spook used DT in a different forum, see what you started?)

Old 09-23-2006, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookmeister View Post
No wonder my ears have been burning! I guess there's truth in the saying, "Turn your back for a minute and you'll find the inmates running the asylum!"

Carry on...
That, and/or the distinct possibility your wallet will vanish. As for carrying on, at my age that tends to end in front of the coffee pot.

Bayou Bill

Old 09-25-2006, 06:45 PM

806 posts, read 2,876,960 times
A couple of months ago that wallet joke may have been funny, but having experienced ID theft first hand and dealing with it for a month, I'm actually shaking at the thought! Seriously!

Old 09-25-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookmeister View Post
A couple of months ago that wallet joke may have been funny, but having experienced ID theft first hand and dealing with it for a month, I'm actually shaking at the thought! Seriously!

You have my sympathy.

The wife-unit and I, along with number two daughter, are coming down for a weekend look-around. There's an "Ooh, ah" house (hot tub on covered patio overlooking hills) out in Lakeway we'll check out, but odds are something in closer, such as Shady Hollow, will end up getting the nod. No rush however. It'll probably take an act of Congress to unload our Dallas digs, although it does have a great location.

Bayou "looking for a buyer" Bill

Old 09-26-2006, 08:26 AM

164 posts, read 725,993 times
One warning about Shady Hollow--the road in and out of there is awful. For about 15 years, the residents have been waiting for SH45 to help steer traffic south of the area off of Brodie Lane, but the environmentalists have the 45 extension tied up for a few more years. And developers are building more homes off of Brodie Lane, adding more traffic. Figure about 20 minutes extra at almost any time of day to get down Brodie Lane.

Old 09-26-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southaustingal View Post
One warning about Shady Hollow--the road in and out of there is awful. For about 15 years, the residents have been waiting for SH45 to help steer traffic south of the area off of Brodie Lane, but the environmentalists have the 45 extension tied up for a few more years. And developers are building more homes off of Brodie Lane, adding more traffic. Figure about 20 minutes extra at almost any time of day to get down Brodie Lane.
Many, many thanks. That is such a strange situation. Maybe the opposing sides should grab clubs and start banging away. Last one standing, wins.

Bayou Bill

Old 09-26-2006, 07:20 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,264,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou Bill View Post
You have my sympathy.

The wife-unit and I, along with number two daughter, are coming down for a weekend look-around. There's an "Ooh, ah" house (hot tub on covered patio overlooking hills) out in Lakeway we'll check out, but odds are something in closer, such as Shady Hollow, will end up getting the nod. No rush however. It'll probably take an act of Congress to unload our Dallas digs, although it does have a great location.

Bayou "looking for a buyer" Bill
Shady Hollow grabbed our attention right away when we were looking - we just preferred the northwest end of town a bit better because it's more hilly (we are right near Lakeway, Bayou Bill). I love, love, love the trees in Shady Hollow. I will post some pics of our ooh aah backyard - it's what made us buy a slightly crazily designed house in which most of our furniture doesn't fit and our laundry room doesn't have room for a garbage can!

Old 09-26-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi927 View Post
Shady Hollow grabbed our attention right away when we were looking - we just preferred the northwest end of town a bit better because it's more hilly (we are right near Lakeway, Bayou Bill). I love, love, love the trees in Shady Hollow. I will post some pics of our ooh aah backyard - it's what made us buy a slightly crazily designed house in which most of our furniture doesn't fit and our laundry room doesn't have room for a garbage can!
It's mind-boggling amazing how fast those "Ooh aah's" can turn to "Oops." In my case, it tends to occure about one nano-second after signing.

Looking phorward to the fotos.

Bayou Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: