Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 PM

36 posts, read 174,594 times

Advertisements

I just read in my neighborhood newsletter that Wells Branch (a neighborhood in North Austin) was ranked the best place to raise kids in Texas in 2012. One neighborhood in each state was chosen and Wells Branch came in 7th in all of the United States. The details on this report can be found on the Bloomberg Buisnessweek website.
I concur with this report! The community here is committed to maintaining excellent community infrastructure and resources. There are huge neighbor groups committed to maintaining the beauty of our parks and trails as well as providing resources to families to keep our area green. It is affordable and perfectly located. Neighbors are forever improving homes and yards. There is a good balance between home school, public school, and private school families throughout the neighborhood.
This neighborhood justs gets better and better every year. I predict the value of homes and the value of the land in this area to hold steady and increase over time. Families from surrounding communities are frequently found at our library and community events - and we welcome it! This is a hospitable area of town and everyone is welcome to visit. Come out for a disc golf game, a walk on one of our trails, or a fishing tournament.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 01:50 PM

206 posts, read 368,613 times
home values have plummeted there over the last year. Sorry but north austin is bad and is only expanding.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:58 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,617,758 times
Congrats on that for WB. It is a lovely area and I enjoy the park even though I don't live there some friends do.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:01 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,185,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suit-n-tie white guy View Post
Sorry but north austin is bad and is only expanding.
What does this even mean? Once again, you make no sense.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM

Homes in wells branch were selling for 200k easily a year or two ago. The same hiuses are going dor 150k or less now. People are evacuating. The bad crime in north austin is now up to Parmer and still moving north. Its pflugerville ISD thats ruing it. Last week a girl brought a semi automatic to school in thar area. A kid got stabbed in the eye at school this year. And the three jocks who assaulted a girl at the falconhawk pool. Bad crime and getting wirse on the suburban north side. Spotcrime.com look it up fir yourself.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:06 PM

Almost forgot. Their buikding a 300 unit section 8/low income aoartment complex there at mopac and grand avanue pkwy. good times. This is a major reasin why values have plummeted.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:23 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,185,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suit-n-tie white guy View Post
Homes in wells branch were selling for 200k easily a year or two ago. The same hiuses are going dor 150k or less now. People are evacuating. The bad crime in north austin is now up to Parmer and still moving north. Its pflugerville ISD thats ruing it. Last week a girl brought a semi automatic to school in thar area. A kid got stabbed in the eye at school this year. And the three jocks who assaulted a girl at the falconhawk pool. Bad crime and getting wirse on the suburban north side. Spotcrime.com look it up fir yourself.
Okay, I went to the MLS and got some actual facts. (I know, what fun is that? But there you are, facts really do trump things someone makes up on the internet.)

First quarter of 2011, 12 sales closing, average sales price per sq. ft. using ALL solds in Wells Branch was $96.49/sq. ft.

First quarter of 2012, 10 sales closing, average sales price per sq. ft. using ALL solds in Wells Branch was $98.41/sq. ft.

So, two fewer sales in a quarter, which isn't a huge difference, and the prices are going up.

As I often ask when you make such statements, where are you getting your information, and what on earth makes you think it's a reliable source?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:57 PM

16,787 posts, read 48,835,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Character View Post
I just read in my neighborhood newsletter that Wells Branch (a neighborhood in North Austin) was ranked the best place to raise kids in Texas in 2012. One neighborhood in each state was chosen and Wells Branch came in 7th in all of the United States. The details on this report can be found on the Bloomberg Buisnessweek website.
I concur with this report! The community here is committed to maintaining excellent community infrastructure and resources. There are huge neighbor groups committed to maintaining the beauty of our parks and trails as well as providing resources to families to keep our area green. It is affordable and perfectly located. Neighbors are forever improving homes and yards. There is a good balance between home school, public school, and private school families throughout the neighborhood.
This neighborhood justs gets better and better every year. I predict the value of homes and the value of the land in this area to hold steady and increase over time. Families from surrounding communities are frequently found at our library and community events - and we welcome it! This is a hospitable area of town and everyone is welcome to visit. Come out for a disc golf game, a walk on one of our trails, or a fishing tournament.
Here is the article. Funny, it illustrates the article with a photo of downtown Austin. The Best Places to Raise Your Kids 2012: Best Place to Raise Kids in Texas: Wells Branch - BusinessWeek

Wellsbranch listed number 7 in the US. Not much meat to the article, other then listing higher then average median family income's and high average school math and reading scores. Congratulations Wellsbranch on being recognized.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:11 PM

Horselady how about SALES prices? Are people totally snubbing anything over 2000sf? Its a different story when nobody wants anythung over 1600sf and doesnt want to pay over 150k for it. I think its funny that you said PRICES are going up but didnt back it up.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:22 PM

2,238 posts, read 8,985,455 times
Isn't Wells Branch one of the best places to buy crack in Austin?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin