Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:05 AM

6,330 posts, read 17,999,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiecatmandi View Post
We want a 2bdm/2bth or 2bdm/1bth for under $1000.

We are in the 25-35 age range, tend to hang out in dive bars and from what I've gathered there is a lot to do in South Austin.

The MOST important thing is safety, I'll be coming in late from San Marcos (TSU) from school and I want to be able to walk from my car to the door with out being scared.
Well, you some conflicting requirements.

To you want to live in a place where walking from your car to your door is equally as safe as walking from a dive bar to your car in the parking lot? If you can handle yourself in a dive bar, you can handle anywhere in South Austin.

I'd look for a duplex in the Slaughter/Manchaca area in Tanglewood. You can find a 2/1 or 2/2 with a garage in your price range. Then you don't even need to park outside. It's also a great location for commuting to TSU.

Check AustinHomeSearch.com for lease listings in MLS Areas 10N, 10S, SWE and SWW.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 08:11 AM

7 posts, read 8,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
Well, you some conflicting requirements.

To you want to live in a place where walking from your car to your door is equally as safe as walking from a dive bar to your car in the parking lot? If you can handle yourself in a dive bar, you can handle anywhere in South Austin.

I'd look for a duplex in the Slaughter/Manchaca area in Tanglewood. You can find a 2/1 or 2/2 with a garage in your price range. Then you don't even need to park outside. It's also a great location for commuting to TSU.

Check AustinHomeSearch.com for lease listings in MLS Areas 10N, 10S, SWE and SWW.

Steve

Steve,

I will definitely look at the duplexes in that area, thank you for the advise.

Just a note on the conflicting information. I do not go to bars/clubs alone, I'm either with my boyfriend or with a group of friends. When I'm coming home from school late I will be alone. So the requirements for the two are quite different. I feel safe with my boyfriend or friends in a lot of areas that I would not feel safe alone. (yes, I'm aware it doesn't make all that much sense, but still it's the way I feel) A requirement for my apartment is that I feel safe there by myself.

Thanks again for the help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin