Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 PM

110 posts, read 616,340 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a great recommendation for a furniture upholsterer?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM

198 posts, read 500,815 times
I was looking for someone and found this company:

Briley's Upholstery

I emailed them with an inquiry, pictures & dimensions of my sofa, and they responded quickly and I thought the price was very reasonable. As soon as I get back I'm going to have them reupholster my 20 yr old sofa that my husband will not allow me to replace ;-)

Old 11-17-2008, 12:53 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,900,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKjay View Post
I was looking for someone and found this company:

Briley's Upholstery

I emailed them with an inquiry, pictures & dimensions of my sofa, and they responded quickly and I thought the price was very reasonable. As soon as I get back I'm going to have them reupholster my 20 yr old sofa that my husband will not allow me to replace ;-)
Thanks for that link. We have a mid-20th century sectional that needs some re-working as the bozo who re-upholstered it did a crap job. The job is only two-years old and is already splitting in a dozen places

Old 11-17-2008, 01:02 PM

74 posts, read 217,046 times
Yikes.

Who did you use the first time so we know not to use them.

thanks!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:12 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,900,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg80 View Post
Yikes.

Who did you use the first time so we know not to use them.

thanks!
I bought it from a vintage store back in Ohio. The piece is beautiful but the guy they used for the re-upholstery job was new...and not very good. We are really bummed about this because it wasn't cheap!

Old 11-17-2008, 07:05 PM

31 posts, read 91,495 times
I posted a thread asking for an upholsterer last spring and didn't get much so I'm happy to share what I found. It's a place on Hwy 79 between Liberty Hill and Georgetown called Fabric Bin. They upholstered 8 dining room chairs (backs only but they were intricate and double-sided with wood carving in between). Each chair was about $100 including the fabric (I upgraded quite a bit). I believe their original estimate was 40-50/chair + fabric. They had a ton of fabric in stock but I had particular patterns in mind. All other estimates I got were over $200/ea.

Oh, they picked up and delivered at no extra cost ( to Lakeway!). That was in May - don't know their policies now but I would go back to them again. Last I looked, no website. The owner is a descendant of a German immigrant upholsterer so it's a family tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin