Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 12:27 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachlGee View Post
Sorry to upset those who seem tired of the subject. I have been keeping up with recent threads and hadn't seen any so thought I'd ask.. Asking only shows I value the local standards of your city.
Hey, no foul and no worries... it's just that a lot of people don't know how to search for already existing threads, which can often give you a lot of information very quickly. There were 6 pages of responses to that most recent thread.

Here's the procedure: at the top of the page is a Search button, but that gives a very broad result that is often more than you want. If you do a search on Pizza, for instance, you'd get results for the whole country. But there's also a link for Advanced Search. That's what you want.

When you click Advanced Search you'll be able to enter keyword Pizza, along with filters, such as Search Titles Only, and finally highlight which forum(s) to search, such as Austin. This search would return results for threads with "pizza" in the title which have been posted in the Austin. Then it's a simple matter to scan for the most recent dates. Easy as pie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
Hey, no foul and no worries... it's just that a lot of people don't know how to search for already existing threads, which can often give you a lot of information very quickly. There were 6 pages of responses to that most recent thread.

Here's the procedure: at the top of the page is a Search button, but that gives a very broad result that is often more than you want. If you do a search on Pizza, for instance, you'd get results for the whole country. But there's also a link for Advanced Search. That's what you want.

When you click Advanced Search you'll be able to enter keyword Pizza, along with filters, such as Search Titles Only, and finally highlight which forum(s) to search, such as Austin. This search would return results for threads with "pizza" in the title which have been posted in the Austin. Then it's a simple matter to scan for the most recent dates. Easy as pie!
You can also just search on "pizza" after you have entered the Austin forum. (Click on Search This Forum)

Old 07-07-2012, 05:03 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You can also just search on "pizza" after you have entered the Austin forum. (Click on Search This Forum)
That's quick, yes, but less selective.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:28 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
We noticed the same thing 4 years ago when we arrived. We figured there was some local code requiring a pizza place, mattress store and a GoodWill in darned near every shopping strip along 183.
I forgot to add the ubiquitous do-nut and/or cupcake shop to the list.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:03 AM

150 posts, read 392,933 times
Home Slice- South Congress (Best so far)
Brooklyn Heights- Parmer/Avery Ranch (OK)
Reale's- 183 (So-So)
Tony C's- Galleria at Bee Cave (OK)

Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM

38 posts, read 135,329 times
I've been living in North Austin now for six months. I moved down from Pennsylvania. I had a horrible time finding good pizza! There are plenty of pizza places, but nothing came close to the pizza places I loved back home. Every town in Pa. has at least one (usually 2-5) pizza places owned and operated by Italian families. I tried every place I've seen suggested in this thread and several were okay at best. New York style is often too bitter for me, I prefer the sauce sweetened up just a little. I also demand my pizza baked in a pizza oven, not one of those belt turned ovens. Finally I found a place that's actually right on top of me that comes very close to the pizza I grew up on.

Brooklyn Pie Company!

If you've not tried them yet, you must!

Old 07-08-2012, 05:21 PM

238 posts, read 365,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleavelle View Post

Brooklyn Pie Company!

If you've not tried them yet, you must!
Where are they located?

My boyfriend and I are from PA too (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area) and the only thing we've found that we really enjoy is the Stony's pizza truck on 6th and Red River. It's not very accessible though, as they are only there during 6th street party time

Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 PM

8127 Mesa Drive (Near Anderson High School)
1 (512) 346-1414

Last edited by Debsi; 07-09-2012 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: good link on page 3

Old 07-08-2012, 06:35 PM

481 posts, read 2,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellestar View Post
Where are they located?

My boyfriend and I are from PA too (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area) and the only thing we've found that we really enjoy is the Stony's pizza truck on 6th and Red River. It's not very accessible though, as they are only there during 6th street party time
I used to teach summer camp at Lake Como, PA - long ago - and somewhere around there was the best pizza I have ever eaten. Nothing has come close to it since.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM

Best Pizza I've had in my life (and I am a pizza LOVER) was in a tiny town I once lived in outside Reading Pa named Womelsdorf. P&J Pizza is the best imo! They don't even have a website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin