Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 02:45 PM

532 posts, read 1,392,396 times

Advertisements

AMC just got removed from our satellite package, and we really need to see "Breaking Bad" this Sunday (and all the upcoming Sundays). Does anyone have any personal experiences of where to go in Austin to watch it? (I have already looked it up online, but I'd rather have some recommendations from people who have had a good time watching it somewhere, rather than just hoping I hit a good spot.) I would assume that some bars would be showing it, so I'd like to hear from people who have been to places where there is a dedicated group watching it (not where it's maybe just one TV over in the corner that's competing for sound with baseball or something). I know that the Lake Creek Alamo is showing it (South Lamar is already sold out), but we can't get there.

And just to be even greedier, I'd love it if the place you're recommending is in South Austin.

I need my Heisenberg fix!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 04:27 PM

49 posts, read 139,301 times
I hear ya! We've been trying to figure out how we will have to get our BB this FINAL season! I haven't done the AD at Lake Creek thing, but we might consider it.

Not sure if you saw, but AMC will be livestreaming the premiere episode for dish customers - check AMC's website.

I believe Amazon.com and several other entities will sell the new episodes a few days after it airs, so that's an option as well.

I'm not sure if bars really show them, only because bars are loud.;-) Might have to just befriend your neighbor who also watches. :-)

Old 07-12-2012, 04:42 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Ask your neighborhood sports bar to show it? This is one of the slowest times of year for sports. They might welcome the opportunity to attract a crowd on a Sunday night in mid-July.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 PM

238 posts, read 365,067 times
Alamo Drafthouse: BREAKING BAD : Austin : Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

It's technically free but you can reserve a seat by buying a $5 food and drink voucher. This week they are showing the season 4 finale + the season 5 premiere. Looks like South Lamar is sold out, but Lake Creek is still open.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,575,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellestar View Post
Alamo Drafthouse: BREAKING BAD : Austin : Alamo Drafthouse Cinema

It's technically free but you can reserve a seat by buying a $5 food and drink voucher. This week they are showing the season 4 finale + the season 5 premiere. Looks like South Lamar is sold out, but Lake Creek is still open.
I did this with Mad Men, and I'd definitely recommend it.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:46 AM

69 posts, read 238,287 times
AMC will be broadcasting the premiere online.

Breaking Bad 4 DISH

Old 07-13-2012, 08:20 AM

532 posts, read 1,392,396 times
Thanks, everyone, for all the suggestions! We'll probably watch the first episode online, and then watch it at the South Lamar Alamo after that. It should be lots of fun checking it out every week with a good crowd of BB fans.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,782 times
I'm hosting a watch party at J.Blacks downtown. Register for free tickets here: Breaking Bad Season 5 Premiere Party - Eventbrite

Old 07-14-2012, 10:57 PM

662 posts, read 1,450,822 times
I moved from Austin to Albuquerque last summer and became a Breaking Bad fan immediately. I saw the actor who plays Mike in the grocery store a couple of months ago. Can't wait to see what this season brings!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: