Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,392,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I don't think there is anything at all false or misleading about that statement. "The City Of Austin is Complying with the Americans With Disabilities Act". Compliance is an on going act. The City has made many improvements and is in full compliance in most of its facilities. The City put that statement on the bills because they want citizens with disabilities to know that they care about those concerns and are prepared to respond to them. This was all explained to you in your telephone conversation with Dolores Gonzales the City ADA Coordinator. You referenced your YouTube recording of that conversation in another thread. In the video and that thread you repeatedly call Ms. Gongalez a liar. She explained to you over and over again that compliance is an ongoing process and was very patient and polite when doing so. Dolores Gonzalez is herself a person with a mobility impairment and is highly respected in the community of people with disabilities as a leader in the effort to bring the City into compliance. She deserves better then this rudeness and disrespect.
Ah, the REST of the story!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,055,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Ah, the REST of the story!
Yes, you can listen to his conversation with Dolores here and decide for yourself. He even labels the conversation "Liar Liar"...

Delores Gonzalez Liar Liar ADA Cordinator City Of Austin - YouTube

Old 08-06-2012, 06:17 PM

532 posts, read 1,392,216 times
I had no idea who she was before listening to that recording, but I now have an amazing amount of respect for Dolores Gonzalez.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:26 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,430,223 times
I agree, it's the original post here which makes a false and misleading statement about Austin Energy.

And my heart goes out to Dolores Gonzales and all the other folks who have to deal with complaints from unreasonable members of the public.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,627,381 times
What is that saying about "opening one's mouth and removing all doubt"?

Old 08-07-2012, 01:10 AM

176 posts, read 357,475 times
Default Austin Energy Misleading Statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post
I agree, it's the original post here which makes a false and misleading statement about Austin Energy.

And my heart goes out to Dolores Gonzales and all the other folks who have to deal with complaints from unreasonable members of the public.
City-Data must be for city employees. You are all missing the point. Austin Energy is the ONLY UTILITY that makes such a statement. It should be reworded. It is not unreasonable to do so. People do not understand that people can be made tokens when running or representing the city, state, or federal government. If I were in a wheelchair, and I made those comments when I was a ordinary citizen then becomes assigned a city government position, we seem to lose touch with what we were before. Like a poor person in the barrio winning the lottery. If Tiger Woods didn't have golf and fame, he probably wouldn't have been such a yuppie.

Bottom line is City Of Austin has a bad record on integrity and transparency. Rather you agree with me or not, I am still going to expose what I need to expose, at all costs. Just like Briebart, his legacy lives on!!!

The street in questions are not all Farm To Market of State Highways, nor it's the apartment properties, it is in the jurisdiction of the City Of Austin.

I stick another example out to you: San Antonio Street and Cesar Chavez bus stop, NOT COMPLIANT WITH THE ADA.

It may not be entirely false, but it is misleading. I ought to do what Delores says and take the City Of Austin to Court, if that is what it takes. It won't cost me a dime to file it!!!

Old 08-07-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenD View Post

What is so false and misleading about my post? It speaks the truth, how about you take me to court if you want to make such claim?

How much does Austin Energy pay you to say this?

"I WANT ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNMENT, AND I WILL CONTINUE MY FIGHT IN ORDER TO DO SO."

Words are cheap, Actions speak louder than words.

You all can gang up on me all you want, but you are missing the point here.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
I guess I'm a bit confused on your allegation as well... What does the city have to do with your apartment? Is it public domain?

And how is a street not ADA standard?
It is called standards for accessible design. It can be downloaded from ADA Home Page - ada.gov - Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act It talks about slope requirements, driveway requirements, etc. We are talking about a collector street, and an arterial street managed by the City Of Austin.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:46 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,627,381 times
Sorry, but with that phone call, I can't imagine anyone trying to reason with you. There are many kinds of disabilities, and Dolores seems to be handling them well....

Old 08-07-2012, 08:04 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,398,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveCassettes View Post
What is so false and misleading about my post? It speaks the truth, how about you take me to court if you want to make such claim?
Eh, I have better things to do. My mom once told me to never argue with... well, you've probably heard it before.

Quote:
How much does Austin Energy pay you to say this?
Um, nothing... but you're right - THEY are out to get YOU.

Quote:
"I WANT ACCOUNTABLE GOVERNMENT, AND I WILL CONTINUE MY FIGHT IN ORDER TO DO SO."
Starting with a municipal power provider? Now, they'll never see that coming... That said, this isn't the forum for that. THis is a RELOCATION forum. There is a politics one as well.

Quote:
Words are cheap, Actions speak louder than words.
Ah, the irony.

Quote:
You all can gang up on me all you want, but you are missing the point here.
You ever consider that the "other" points are valid? And perhaps you have missed something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin