Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2012, 03:28 PM

45 posts, read 143,720 times

Advertisements

Hi I am looking at areas around Austin. I noticed these two communities which apparently have slowed down considerably in development because of the recent economic downturn but haven't seen any new info since about a year ago. I understand there's some risk in looking at these properties but there seems to be some good deals from some builders (willshire/buffington to name a couple) in these communities. Short term if you were looking to sell within 5 years, I would understand some risk of property values being depressed because the communities are not fully developed. But long term (keeping the house 10-20 years) I would think even if these communities are slow to start up, they will eventually fill out. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions of these communities? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 03:51 PM

57 posts, read 120,915 times
Just saw this community other day, not bad layouts and exteriors but curious on actual owners reviews. Looking for build process, were they easy to deal with, did you have to make your 'rounds' during the build process, etc.

I'm getting vibe that its in the same bucket as KB (goodlayouts/sq footage for low cost = bad for long run). Anyone agree with this?

(BTW - wifey loves their plans, im not 100% sold on it for some lingering feeling).

Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 AM

3,787 posts, read 6,996,752 times
Here is a link to an old thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...ns-please.html

I've been out there to see the "lake". First thing you need to know it isn't a "lake" but appears to be an old cattle watering hole. That area used to be farmland. It is a subdivision now. That one probably has an HOA. I wouldn't pay to live there but that is my opinion. Our search was even more limited for housing because we didn't want to live in an HOA neighborhood. City or county law can generally take care of most everything.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,094,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chailof View Post

I'm getting vibe that its in the same bucket as KB (goodlayouts/sq footage for low cost = bad for long run). Anyone agree with this?

Yup. And when you went to sell, most buyers will drive down the road to the next subdivision under construction, rinse and repeat.

Old 11-15-2013, 07:41 PM

3 posts, read 8,285 times
In defense of Pflugerville area I have lots of great things to say about Villages of Hidden Lake! Yes, this is no Steiner Ranch and you don't have the Austin "zip code" or affiliation. We are in the same county as Travis which has better management, police force, and funding than Williamson in Round Rock. The proximity to downtown is awesome (20 mile drive) taking the 130 toll road. The school ratings are great for elementary, middle, and high school. It is extremely quiet, and builders such as Megatel and Buffington are bringing new, luxury homes to the subdivision. There ARE some families here which are kind of ghetto and barely getting by. I don't think they will stick around much longer because property taxes will increase. New neighborhoods with homes starting from $300K are being built on Weiss called Carmel and Sorento. This will keep increasing the property value of the area and weeding out undesirable crowds. Blackhawk, Estates at Rowe Lane, Falcon Pointe, and Avalon are all really beautiful, neighboring subdivisions. Reserve at West Creek is probably the least nice subdivision of everything in this area, it is probably because its all electric and therefore much cheaper homes. We love the Stone Hill Town Center just 2 minutes away! Everything is new, beautiful, and nice posh stores are opening up such as Kirkland's , Charming Charlie, and The Childrens Place. I feel strongly that this was a great decision and we are already seeing a fantastic return on investment! We were looking around in Cedar Park, North West Austin, and Round Rock. We decided on Villages of Hidden Lake because this was the BEST! We gave another offer on a home in Blackhawk that fell through but were just as happy to end up in Villages of Hidden Lake. Don't get me wrong Not ALL of Pflugerville is nice, just as not all of Round Rock and Austin are nice...closer to Windermere things get pretty ghetto. Where these subdivisions are located is FAR from the bad areas! This area offered the best bang for your buck as far as proximity to employment, schools, safety, and larger/newer/nicer homes. I have friends who live in Round Rock that complain of the HOUR plus drive to downtown for work! Plus you can't beat living walking distance to Pflugerville Lake. We love the beauty and serenity here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin