Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 PM

26 posts, read 41,703 times

Advertisements

We have been looking at properties in Westlake and it seems that you seem to get newer homes and more for your $ in the two homes I have seen in the Senna Hills neighborhood. Can anyone tell me why? Is the school not as good as the rest? Is there something wrong with the location. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM

326 posts, read 686,066 times
The only reason Senna Hills is cheaper is because of the location. It's on the very western edge of the Eanes ISD boundary, meaning that it's the farthest from downtown. I think most people prefer to be closer into town if they're going to buy within the Eanes ISD boundaries. For example, I live right next to Senna Hills in the subdivision of Lake Pointe. Lake Pointe is very desirable for people who want to be in LTISD and still relatively close into town (Lake Pointe is the closest to downtown within LTISD). So why would two neighborhoods right next to each other be thought of so differently? It simply has to do with the school boundary between the two.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 PM

499 posts, read 1,308,145 times
I guess it's cheaper just because it's basically at the western edge of Eanes ISD and sort of isolated... long drive to Westlake High or central Austin. Although, 10-15 years ago it felt a lot more isolated, but now with Bee Cave being really built up there's a lot of retail and businesses pretty close by.
I've had friends who lived there and they liked it. Westridge and Barton Creek Elem are close by and good schools.

Just west of Senna Hills is the Lake Pointe neighborhood, probably even cheaper, and they go to Lake Travis ISD which is also quite good.

edit: oh, LTA said the same thing and beat me by 1 minute

Old 12-13-2012, 06:20 PM

326 posts, read 686,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlman View Post
I guess it's cheaper just because it's basically at the western edge of Eanes ISD and sort of isolated... long drive to Westlake High or central Austin. Although, 10-15 years ago it felt a lot more isolated, but now with Bee Cave being really built up there's a lot of retail and businesses pretty close by.
I've had friends who lived there and they liked it. Westridge and Barton Creek Elem are close by and good schools.

Just west of Senna Hills is the Lake Pointe neighborhood, probably even cheaper, and they go to Lake Travis ISD which is also quite good.

edit: oh, LTA said the same thing and beat me by 1 minute
Hey no worries. That just means we both must know what we're talking about!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:57 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,845,025 times
As others have said, it's further out from the epicenter of Westlake so it's less. However, since the above compared it to Lake Pointe, you'll notice Senna Hills is considerably more expensive than Lake Pointe (not including the gated section at the back) because of the school boundaries and higher-end builders who built the houses.

There is nothing wrong with Senna Hills. It's a great location. You can go either direction on 2244 and get somewhere. Many communities, you only have one way to go...

Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM

319 posts, read 611,187 times
I looked at it as well when I moved to Austin last year. They were still building some homes there and they are relatively affordable. The neighborhood has a nice feel to it and the schools are good. However, it's not only far from downtown it's pretty far from anything except other homes, granted they are mostly pretty homes. Hillside Galleria is a nice shopping center but it still feels pretty desolate out there. Many people like that but it'd drive me insane.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,228,033 times
Desolate?

Wow. There are lots of places in Texas that better fit the description "desolate" than Senna Hills. It is about 5 minutes from Bee Cave. And 10 minutes to West Lake Hills.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,066,958 times
Yes, it's just a bit further out. Nothing "wrong" with it or the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin