U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM

23 posts, read 37,991 times

Advertisements

I need 2 BR fully furnished in a safe area close to public transportation ( rail / bus ) station , I can pay to $ 800 , i need to be not so far from austin community college . can you help me where to look ??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 PM

7,234 posts, read 13,954,788 times
ACC has many locations, is there one in particular you need to be close too? You are unlikely to find a furnished, 2 bedroom apartment for $800 anywhere in Austin.

You might be able to find an unfurnished one for $800-$900 in the area around AAC-Riverside campus.

The Austin area as a whole is safe, the Riverside area has a fair amount of property crime (and other crime) for Austin, but is generally safe compared to other cities.

Austin is a very hard city in which to depend on public transportation. Do you have a plan B?

Old 01-05-2013, 02:56 PM

16,783 posts, read 43,730,240 times
I see lots of 2 bdrm/1 bath options for less than $900 listed on https://www.padmapper.com/ Many with amenities.

Same is true for Trulia.com Austin Apartments For Rent and other Austin Rentals — Trulia.com

Edit: decreasing the maximum cost to $800 in Padmapper I still see around 90 in the Austin metroplex.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:07 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,798,053 times
You might be able to find an apartment (not sure about furnished) along Metric Blvd, which is where Northridge Campus is located. Metric is on the bus route, and there's a MetroRail station off of Kramer, which isn't too far from Metric.

Here is one apartment off of Metric, which is located one block from ACC, with two bedrooms ranging from $853-$951. Unfurnished, though:

http://venterraliving.com/bradfordpo...g_availability

Good luck!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 AM

23 posts, read 37,991 times
Thanks for your contributions , I am still not sure which campus exactly , but in general i think an appartment close to a rail / bus station will for sure have a route for all ACC casmpuses , even if indirect route .I do not have furniture or electronices , or bid settings / etc ..if i rent a package of those how much it might cost per month

Old 01-06-2013, 08:20 AM

2,633 posts, read 5,797,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozo2012 View Post
Thanks for your contributions , I am still not sure which campus exactly , but in general i think an appartment close to a rail / bus station will for sure have a route for all ACC casmpuses , even if indirect route .I do not have furniture or electronices , or bid settings / etc ..if i rent a package of those how much it might cost per month
You're putting too much faith in Austin's public transportation. If by "indirect", you mean a 3 hour tour. Maybe.

I'll be frank, at that budget, and with looking to rent furniture as well, Austin flat out is not going to be a good fit.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 AM

3,836 posts, read 4,971,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozo2012 View Post
ACC campuses are spread out all over the place. It is a fundamentally flawed system. There is no location you will find that is convenient to all of them. Best shot is to pick central.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM

840 posts, read 653,566 times
from northridge a buss will take you lamaar transit center and from there you can go to Rio grande Campure or South Ausitn Campus.

Cypress Creek is gone be a little too hard to access with bus. river side campus has many buses and alot of apartment complex around it.

river side campus is probably the largest in Austin area. and in that street that river side campus is located there is alot of apartments.

If i were you. I would forget about furnished. furnished is normally for corproate customers and they just charge pretty money. I would go to IKEA an buy a whole lot of stuff get a 50 dollar deliver to bring things over for you.

river side campus it self does not have crime. but river side blvd does have some questionable elements. but that's also good . because it means it has density and you can walk to different type of stores. or just take a 5 minute bus ride.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 PM

16,783 posts, read 43,730,240 times
Not all Austin Community College campuses teach all classes, so its important that you investigate which campus will have most of the classes for your course of study.

The Capital Metro bus system is notoriously inefficient, so you should investigate its routes carefully if you are going to be dependent on it, and find an apartment location that will work with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin