Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 08:32 PM

1,157 posts, read 2,651,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
Listening doesn't make you crazy or dangerous. Believing any of what he says would make you crazy and his ideas are in fact dangerous. Thankfully, it's nutty enough that only a small percentage of crazies truly believe it.
But unfortunately it only takes 1 or 2 Tamerlan Tsarnaev was an Alex Jones fan - Salon.com

Old 04-24-2013, 08:34 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

- Voltaire

But perhaps you aren't familiar with western political philosophy?
Oh, indeed I am.

I find Alex Jones entertaining and thought provoking. I certainly don't think his ideas are "dangerous".

To paraphrase Chomsky, if we don't believe in the freedom of speech for those we despise, we don't believe in freedom of speech at all.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
No, I don't support him broadcasting his crazy show or his loony ideas. But I recognize his right to be able to do so. Now, if he moves beyond the reach of the first amendment, then I'd be happy to see his show dismantled.
So, you do think he should be allowed to broadcast his show, or you don't?

What is the "reach of the first amendment"?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 PM

3,834 posts, read 5,759,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Oh, indeed I am.

I find Alex Jones entertaining and thought provoking. I certainly don't think his ideas are "dangerous".

To paraphrase Chomsky, if we don't believe in the freedom of speech for those we despise, we don't believe in freedom of speech at all.
Then lay off Austinite101 who has never attacked anyone's right to free speech.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Then lay off Austinite101 who has never attacked anyone's right to free speech.
Is this called a discussion board? Who are you to tell me who I can - or can't- have discussion with? I'm not talking to you.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Piers needs to shut the hell up and stick to celebrity interviews.
He was effectively exiled from the UK, and I think Alex did a good job of giving him the same treatment he gives his "guests". Good job.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Oh, indeed I am.

This is a short list of some of his dangerous ideas:

1. Vaccines are method of of New World Order to kill people.
2. Hurricane Katrina was opportunity to test out concentration camps
3. Tsunami in SE Asia was man made
4. 9-11 was an inside job

If people believe this stuff they do things like - don't get vaccines which puts everyone in danger - or - arm themselves against the "police state"

Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:

If people believe this stuff they do things like - don't get vaccines which puts everyone in danger - or - arm themselves against the "police state"
Everyone has the right to vaccinate themselves and their families- or not.

The second amendment of the Bill of Rights protects the rights of Americans to "arm themselves" against anyone they choose.

Those civil liberties don't seem very radical to me, and are supported by most people- not just Alex Jones.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 PM

198 posts, read 397,583 times
Quote:

There are many people who believe vaccinations do more harm than good. Including a big debate on if autism is linked to vaccinations- actress Jenny McCarthy is one that comes to mind. Guess shes speading the same "crazy" ideas....
Go to any major pregnancy/parenting blog or forum and this topic is being discussed.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaday View Post
There are many people who believe vaccinations do more harm than good. Including a big debate on if autism is linked to vaccinations- actress Jenny McCarthy is one that comes to mind. Guess shes speading the same "crazy" ideas....
Go to any major pregnancy/parenting blog or forum and this topic is being discussed.
I don't know off she's crazy or dumb as a box of rocks. I wouldn't presume to guess which explains such nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: