Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,002,288 times

Advertisements

Yes, I did a search and read post after post and saw I wound up in another city reading about water softeners.

I wondered if anyone could recommend someone that services softeners. There is no name on the one we have but a number for a water company, "A-1 Watercare", but that search brought up a NY number.

We're not looking to purchase a new system but have this one serviced. The problem I'm having is no one wants to touch it if it isn't their product. So, I'm looking for someone that services water softeners, if there is such a person.

Rather see if it can be fixed vs replacement of a new system. The only problem I can see is salt is building up outside of the plastic cylinder on the bottom. Our solution to this so far was to purchase one of those huge round dishpans and set it inside it. lol But, the salt is building up like a fungus....it's growing like a bad sci-fi movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM

5,868 posts, read 11,930,600 times
I know this isn't going to help a whole lot, but when we purchased a home in Georgetown (way back in '88), we called a local plumber to come help us with the water softener. The house was bank owned and we had no one to explain to us what was needed or how to run it. The plumber was knowledgeable about the operation and was able to get us up and running. You might call around to a few local plumbers and see if you can find someone that is willing to look at it.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM

3,787 posts, read 7,002,288 times
I did ask the plumber when he came out for something else and he doesn't deal with them. You'd think I would have had enough sense to ask him just then for a recommendation but I didn't...I was more concerned with the task at hand.

I'll call him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin