Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghAustin View Post
Great Oaks has some unbelievable prices. Does anyone know who the builder is?
It states that the builder is Gavurnik Builders on Austinhomesearch.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 06:55 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,573,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie_buyer View Post
how does these great oaks townhomes rate as a rental investment property? please share your views
Probably not very good in my opinion. They are in a very safe area, but it's very residential. There just isn't a townhome market in that area. It's a bit strange that they would put townhomes right there in my opinion and that's probably why they are "cheap".

Also, they don't have any of the amenities that the ones over off of Cypress Creek would have. They're almost like townhomes with a country living feel. I think these were built at the same time that other builders had just scrapped their plans of putting up thousands of new homes in Leander, etc. I'm sure that there is a story behind these that a local realtor in the Brushy Creek area could tell.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 AM

181 posts, read 429,554 times
Sorry for some reason I didn't see the builder's name on the site. When I looked them up on line, just the realtor was listed not the builder. Never heard of the builder. By the way the condos off Anderson have an HOA fee of $300 a month.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM

I just went over to look at Great Oaks in Round Rock. It is real close to Cedar Park. I am not a fan of strict HOA's but they need someone to take some control of the development. Does not look to be selling, as there are only four units of four built and most are for sale.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times
Quote:
I just went over to look at Great Oaks in Round Rock. It is real close to Cedar Park. I am not a fan of strict HOA's but they need someone to take some control of the development. Does not look to be selling, as there are only four units of four built and most are for sale.
One was a foreclosure from the builder. Looks like they missed the market by just a few months. Heck, get a few friends to buy them up, keep the place nice for a few years and then sell(or stay).

BTW, Pitts, there is a new complex at the intersection of Colonial and Vista Ridge, just south of 1431. They appear to have drive-under garages on the back. Not sure if they are condos, townhomes, apts or what at this point. If I go to Tomlinson's to get the pup some 'help with chemo-therapy' food tonight, I'll try to get a name/number.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM

Thanks, but they are apartments.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times
Quote:
Thanks, but they are apartments.
Dang...too bad. That area has a ton of apts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin