Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 11:37 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngpier View Post
Houseplant2012,

I am curious to know your decision, NW Or PP? We are Looking at a Drees home at NW, but have not made a final decision. It appears that larger homes can't be built on but a few lots due to legacy tree issues. High premiums for most lots and Drees is offering a VERY basic package on the homes as compared to other communities. Great location, but not sure if its worth the final cost of homes in that community are justified. Also noticed those odd ants, wonder if they are the Rasberry variant.
Hmmm...nothing from 'HousePlant' since late March.
I'm a bit surprised at the lack of 'urgency' in the building at NorthWoods. A few cottages and Drees homes are well under way; but the Scott Felder section doesn't even have streets. I'm told the building process can't start until X amount of time after the streets are in(permits, I reckon).

The way things are going with our home sale, we'll be out on the streets in very short order! We may have to rent for a YEAR if we want a Scott Felder home in NorthWoods(actually not likely given the state of the market...I wouldn't be surprised to see their prices go up $10K at least...before they start building). We're looking for a condo or townhome I reckon )

I haven't seen anything in PP that looked as good as a Drees(on the outside). I'd say there's some serious margin in the PP prices in general.

BTW, I'm expecting our 'legacy trees' to fetch a nice premium when we sell...greenbelt doesn't hurt, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,354 times
Well, best of success on the home sale. Several of the Drees homes are real close to closing. I love the location of NW and giving serious consideration to an offer on ones of Drees places.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:32 PM

7 posts, read 32,643 times
We decided to go with Standard Pacific in Northwoods. Did you end up with Drees Ngpier?

Also, looks like the Austin Statesman featured Northwoods in the newspaper this month. Check out the article:
http://www.mystatesman.com/photo/bus...rts-say/pwCBP/

Old 07-14-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HousePlant2012 View Post
We decided to go with Standard Pacific in Northwoods. Did you end up with Drees Ngpier?

Also, looks like the Austin Statesman featured Northwoods in the newspaper this month. Check out the article:
No housing bubble in Austin, experts say | www.mystatesman.com
Congrats on the new place. Any idea about a completion date? We drive through once a week or so and I'm still surprised at the leisurely pace of the construction...essentially nothing has been done on the EAST side.
To keep folks up to date, we are glad we didn't wait for the Felder section of Northwoods. Our house sold in about twenty minutes and we snatched up a townhouse in the Avery Ranch Overlook neighborhood. Closing on both this week!

Last edited by 10scoachrick; 07-14-2013 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: Typing faster than my brain could think!

Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 PM

7 posts, read 32,643 times
Construction should finish up by end of next month hopefully! It has definitely been going at a snail's pace and the amenity center wont start till next summer!!!!
Several of the inventory homes should be Finishing up sooner tho.

Congrats on your new digs as well!

Old 07-14-2013, 09:15 PM

55 posts, read 136,042 times
For us the rule of thumb, as told by some friends was - Avery ranch east of Parmer is better than the one on the west from resale point of view. Not sure if I can prove by data but we went by that. And we were not very impressed with purple sage performance - This school is around since 80s and is still a "recognized". Being near to railway line was least of our preference.

PP schools are coming out good. Elsa England can become exemplary pretty soon following the one across the street Patsy Sommers. Almost all of the Avery Ranch utilities will be available in PP anyway so not a big hoopla about that.

Also, we were impressed the way first phase got sold so fast and with many families with kids in our neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HousePlant2012 View Post
We are considering options in Avery Ranch between these two neighborhoods:
1) Pearson Place - Grand Haven Homes
2) Northwoods - Drees or Standard Pacific

Both neighborhoods are under RRISD, and will be to-be-built homes. However, the cost is about $50k difference with Northwoods being more.

Which area has better RRISD schools? Pearson Place is under Elsa England which is a new elementary school that opened this past fall, therefore there are no TEA ratings yet. But Northwoods is under Purple Sage elementary. What is the likeilhood that the elementary school for Northwoods would get rezoned to Elsa England when the Neenah intersection opens up to Pearson Ranch?

Also, which area is better for resale value? The location of Northwoods is across the street from the Lakeline Metro Rail station and very close to the 183 ramp, but Pearson Place is further away but with Pearson Ranch will intersect 45/620.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin0 View Post
For us the rule of thumb, as told by some friends was - Avery ranch east of Parmer is better than the one on the west from resale point of view. Not sure if I can prove by data but we went by that. And we were not very impressed with purple sage performance - This school is around since 80s and is still a "recognized". Being near to railway line was least of our preference.

PP schools are coming out good. Elsa England can become exemplary pretty soon following the one across the street Patsy Sommers. Almost all of the Avery Ranch utilities will be available in PP anyway so not a big hoopla about that.

Also, we were impressed the way first phase got sold so fast and with many families with kids in our neighborhood.
Not sure what you mean by that; but, yes, PP is selling like hotcakes!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin0 View Post

The numbers are hard to follow comparing east of Parmer vs West with the condos and many lower priced homes on the west side(lower being a relative term). MUCH of the west side of Avery is LISD, so those kiddos go to Rutledge...more or less the Purple Sage youngsters live on the south side of AR Blvd(including Northwoods as you mentioned) and down toward Anderson Mill(all RRISD, of course).

Proximity to the rail was also not a plus for us; however, we are headed one mile closer than we were/are in Brookside.

Something for everyone, I reckon!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:44 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Does it really matter that a school is recognized v exemplary?? Both are above average ratings and it all depends on your kids individual performance.

And boo on people filling up the two small rail cars at lakeline

Old 07-15-2013, 06:56 AM

[quote=riaelise;30488683]Does it really matter that a school is recognized v exemplary?? Both are above average ratings and it all depends on your kids individual performance.

And boo on people filling up the two small rail cars at lakeline[
/quote]

It's so crowded, nobody rides it any more.

It was pretty predictable that Lakeline would be the popular boarding point...Leander is going to get busier as development around it continues, but Lakeline is being surrounded by apartments and new SFH and you have to think proximity to the train station is a key factor for many. It will be interesting to see how ridership is 'handled' in the next few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin