U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 AM

11,850 posts, read 11,370,791 times

Advertisements

Actually we can hear it rooting around in the soffit areas of the roof eaves.

Several months ago my son shoved some heavy fence wire in the one spot where a critter could get in under the eaves by a fascia board. Didn't hear any activity up there until a few days ago.

Won't be able to have our son check it out any time soon, as his wife is in terminal stage 4 of breast/brain/bone cancer.

So does anybody have a critter exterminator recommendation for the Brushy Creek area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 PM

2,007 posts, read 2,667,064 times
must call Rio! Amazon Wildlife - on Yelp

Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 PM

10,152 posts, read 18,613,370 times
I've been very happy with ABC for things like this. I think they will do what you need, and I've found they are reasonably priced for the pest control side of the business. They are extremely professional and customer service oriented. Get them to do an exclusion, they will cover all the little holes where critters can get in.

Sorry to hear about your daughter in law.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 AM

13,076 posts, read 13,695,468 times
I don't really have recommendations but wanted to send some good thoughts to your daughter in law (and your son, and everyone else). It really ached to read this. I'm so sorry....

Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 AM

3,178 posts, read 5,796,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I don't really have recommendations but wanted to send some good thoughts to your daughter in law (and your son, and everyone else). It really ached to read this. I'm so sorry....
My thoughts as well. I am very sorry.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 AM

163 posts, read 378,413 times
ABC will try hard to sell you on monthly service contracts for all their businesses. Otherwise they seem to do an OK job. I recommend Stroupe for less BS.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,178,661 times
I didn't use Vector 1 for critter removal, but I've used them for normal pest control (and their website shows that they seal entry points/humanely trap wildlife if needed). I'd at least call them to get an estimate. They didn't have a problem with giving me a general estimate over the phone in the past. They also don't have a problem with going "all the way out there" to Round Rock like other service companies that I've dealt with in the past. They're based out of Round Rock, but service all of the Austin area.

http://www.vector1pest.com/

Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM

1,306 posts, read 2,939,861 times
I recommend having the pest control company do an exclusion too. When I was renting a house previously, the landlords kept opting not to do that in favor of just trapping. That meant we ALWAYS had rats above our heads because new ones would just come in to replace the dead ones. They only cleared out in the summer when it got unbearably hot up there.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:52 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,178,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post
I recommend having the pest control company do an exclusion too. When I was renting a house previously, the landlords kept opting not to do that in favor of just trapping. That meant we ALWAYS had rats above our heads because new ones would just come in to replace the dead ones. They only cleared out in the summer when it got unbearably hot up there.
Agreed. With squirrels, which could be what ScoPro is dealing with, they go out and look for food during the day. So if you seal up everything while they are out looking for food then they won't be able to get back in to sleep at night. So you might not have to deal with trapping anything at all.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 PM

653 posts, read 1,694,776 times
I think I have critters in my attic as well.
I have not looked.
I was trying to tell myself that the noise was just wind rustling through my attic.
But I am pretty certain something runs across the attic floor, usually at night.

They don't bother me.
But I am concerned they might do damage, if I ignore them.

I did see a mouse (or rat) in my garage one day. But it is gone. I see no signs of any new droppings after cleaning up the old ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin