Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 PM

4 posts, read 12,130 times

Advertisements

I had started up a thread again but i guess i need to clearly define our wish list especially based on price so I am starting a new one, we appreciate scm's feedback on the other read for the three additional neighborhoods to consider.

We have narrowed our home search to the eanes school district but still need to narrow our focus on neighborhoods. We drove through all but rob roy but we went during a school day so we didn't see a good picture of all the neighborhoods to include families and kids out playing, etc.

We would love down to earth neighbors, ability for kids to play in the streets without fear of a lot of traffic, decent sized lots (ideally 1/2 or pretty close and up) for kids to have a yard or ability to expand house, at least 2500 in square footage, and under $750K with the ability to have a good resale value. We would love neighborhood activities with either a park, pool, or gatherings. In addition, the few areas we are looking at zone to different elementary schools - they are all rated very high but the reviews online are dated. Are there certain ones that are better academically, tough socially due to high wealth, better leadership, or better programming for the kids?

Here are the neighborhoods we need your help with to paint us with an honest picture: did we miss any really good ones?

Lost creek - Do these homes appreciate in value as quickly as others in eanes? Are there kids out riding bikes to each others homes due to the hills? What does the annex mean for the neighborhood and taxes. Is it a safe neighborhood? Forest trail - pros/cons?

Davenport ranch - are there a lot of families with kids? Is there a neighborhood park or pool? Does this neighborhood have any type of gatherings or events? Is it a safe neighborhood? Bridgepoint pros/cons?

Rollingwood - would $700 get you in this neighborhood, not on a cut through street? How is the traffic on bee caves to and from 360? Eanes elementary - pros/cons?

Rob roy (original one) - we haven't been in to drive through it but based on the listings we have seen it looks good to add to our options. Since there are large lots and very spread out, do people socialize or gather? Is there a park or pool? Are there a lot of families? Bridgepoint pros/cons?

We appreciate any feedback and if there are additional neighborhoods we should add to our list! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,206 times
Lost Creek is a great neighborhood and the homes have been appreciating nicely (at least mine has). Forest Trail is a great school with a very dedicated and caring staff. I have three kids there now and one that went there from 1st-5th who is now at West Ridge Middle School which is an excellent school also.

Lots and lots of kids and the older ones do ride their bikes around the neigborhood but it is a bit of a challenge for the smaller ones because of the hills. We have two nice parks and family events throughout the year. My kids love taking hikes through the greenbelts and swimming in Barton Creek. If you want to swim you can join the Lost Creek Country Club but there is no community pool.

Also, the Westbank libraries are very easy to get to and one of the WRMS school buses will actually make a stop at the Laura Bush Library so that middle schoolers can get off and study or do their homework there.

The neighborhood is very safe but we do have occasional car break ins (usually teenagers from what I've heard). Annexation will increase our taxes but I'm not sure how significantly. There is a question and answer section on the Lost Creek Homeowners Association website.

I like that our neighborhood has some pretty down to earth families and it feels like we live in our own little town. Families move into the neighborhood so that their kids can attend the Eanes school so the majority attend the local schools (FTE, WRMS and WHS) which is nice.

I think our neighborhood is ideally located and I love the fact that I can be in downtown, Sunset Valley, Oak Hill and Bee Caves/Lakeway in 15-20 (without traffic of course). I can also be on South Lamar within minutes.

Inventory is low and many houses are bought and sold without ever going on the MLS so if you want to buy in Lost Creek it would be a good idea to find a realtor that specializes in the neighborhood because often times they know about houses that are coming up for sale by word of mouth and can jump on them quickly.

Hope that helps. Feel free to send me a private message if you want more information.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:16 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,094,093 times
Lost Creek is your best shot of having "down to earth" neighbors given your options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin