Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,899,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
The no dress code part sounds good.
I've worn shorts all week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,879,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
I've worn shorts all week
Wait, wasn't it like 50 degrees on Monday? You people from up north are nuts. I would freeze in shorts if it were cooler than 80 outside.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,252,375 times
What are the job opportunities for someone with an accounting degree?

Old 03-14-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Wait, wasn't it like 50 degrees on Monday? You people from up north are nuts. I would freeze in shorts if it were cooler than 80 outside.
Ha! I think my blood is thinning. I was cold today in the office and couldn't wait to get out into the heat...but generally speaking, I'll where shorts into the upper 50s. I'm sure I'll be suffering greatly come August.

Monday was a bit chilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylee54 View Post
What are the job opportunities for someone with an accounting degree?
Many. And higher grade pay, especially for tax examiners.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:28 PM

38 posts, read 194,233 times
Im dancing the happy dance Passed the test start training Monday for permanent position!

Old 03-15-2008, 09:34 PM

33 posts, read 192,581 times
twange... do u know if it is better to apply thru USAjobs or drop off a govt application in person to IRS there in Austin?

I've been applying like crazy for computer networking positions and keep getting these letters that someone else was hired but I was "qualified" for the job. (I felt like they were politely slapping me.)

Old 03-15-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itcoastie View Post
twange... do u know if it is better to apply thru USAjobs or drop off a govt application in person to IRS there in Austin?

I've been applying like crazy for computer networking positions and keep getting these letters that someone else was hired but I was "qualified" for the job. (I felt like they were politely slapping me.)
Do the USAjobs. That's where they want you I think. There's really no structure that I know of, where you can drop a resume off. The place is a labyrinth policy and regulation.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:43 AM

3 posts, read 13,302 times
Congrats on the permanent position, BB70! What kind of job will you be doing?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:50 AM

38 posts, read 194,233 times
I used usa jobs Sent in numerous apllications,used two cartidges of ink printing forms! One said that I didnt need them if I already had them but I thought again and took them anyway Good thing as they asked!Always better to be safe.

Ive seen other site posting jobs but not sure if they direct you to USA Jobs after you hit apply.I think they recently had a evening where you went to the building to apply.That must of been fun!

Once we got to the meeting however we were told only one shift was available.They might of saved some time telling folks up front but I am not picky right now.I guess a couple people could not or did not want that shift..Ill work any shift. This is the best offer Ive had in years after wasting months of working interviews,recruiters who send you on dead end job interviews etc. In the end I always lost out to someone the company found on there own,that way they didnt have topay recruiter fee.

Im very excited..my Dad had worked for govt for years after retiring from service. Hes gone now but I bet he would of been happy for me,I know I am very happy!

Ill keep checking the postings..persistence pays off I guess.Keep sending in apps, I am sure they have lost a few that started there so keep applying all!

While I was there I saw some pretty relaxed work clothing..seemed like everyone smiled as they walked by and friendly to one another. Im sure there are problems there as well but you get that in every job.Im just very grateful to be employed and not have to move back to michigan!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 AM

655 posts, read 2,203,017 times
Where in MI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin