Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 10:48 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,550,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy_in_CO View Post
Oh great! Thanks for more neighborhoods to check out It sounds like it might be a bit tricky to find something closer in within our price range b/c of the size we need. I don't mind RR. Someone had recommended some subdivisions up there. One was Mayfield Ranch and another was Vista Oaks. What would the commute be like from there? Dh would be working a 7-4 kind of day.

The homeschooling is just something we really enjoy. Not b/c we don't like public school. We just love homeschooling and our children have absolutely thrived so we keep on going. I never say never to public school though which I why I do want to be in an area that has decent schools. I do not want to pay more for top schools however.
Mayfield Ranch and Vista Oaks are getting a bit too far out and putting some more traffic lights between home and work.
Since we're talking about McNeil/183 and NOT McNeil/Parmer, the suggestion of Avery Ranch(West or Far West) makes sense. Things are selling like hotcakes there; but you're right on the money per sq ft...maybe just a touch better than $300K for 2500ft, depending on the age and finishes of the Avery Homes. Nothing is over 11 years or so; but the early construction homes might be a bit of a bargain. Even the Forest Oaks area in Cedar Park would work, depending on how close to the exit on 183. It's one exit farther 'up' 183 from Avery Ranch; but the highway runs smoothly up that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 12:24 AM

14 posts, read 19,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Mayfield Ranch and Vista Oaks are getting a bit too far out and putting some more traffic lights between home and work.
Since we're talking about McNeil/183 and NOT McNeil/Parmer, the suggestion of Avery Ranch(West or Far West) makes sense. Things are selling like hotcakes there; but you're right on the money per sq ft...maybe just a touch better than $300K for 2500ft, depending on the age and finishes of the Avery Homes. Nothing is over 11 years or so; but the early construction homes might be a bit of a bargain. Even the Forest Oaks area in Cedar Park would work, depending on how close to the exit on 183. It's one exit farther 'up' 183 from Avery Ranch; but the highway runs smoothly up that way.
That was my concern with Mayfield Ranch and Vista Oaks. Thanks for confirming that. Gonna check out the other neighborhoods you suggested

Old 05-26-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
That was my concern with Mayfield Ranch and Vista Oaks. Thanks for confirming that. Gonna check out the other neighborhoods you suggested
Those are nice neighborhoods(we pet visit from time to time out there); but if you miss the lights along 1431 and head south/east on Parmer, you could get caught by two or three more nasty lights...easily adding 10-12 minutes to the total drive time JUST for the lights(depending on where in Mayfield, that's 5+ miles along 1431 PLUS the extra lights before hubby even gets to head south toward McNeil on either Parmer or 183.

As I mentioned, things are moving quickly in west/far west Avery Ranch; but I'd concentrate there. Avery has a fifth amenities center(pool, etc) available to all residents...nice to have that flexibility...and easy access to 183 and the Lakeline train station(should you decide to take the rail into town).

If you don't mind, I'll send a PM with some homes in that area to give you an idea. As we are looking to downsize and have been 'exploring' some of the smaller homes mainly on the west side of Parmer, we're finding quite a few(larger than we need) homes that might work for you. Interestingly, a few folks have sold homes in your size range in order to move to homes in the 3500-4500 ft range, primarily on the east side of Parmer, where we are now...Brookside, Parkside, Creekside, et al.(Avery Ranch Blvd is over 4 miles from west to east...it's a BIG place!).

Old 05-26-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Those are nice neighborhoods(we pet visit from time to time out there); but if you miss the lights along 1431 and head south/east on Parmer, you could get caught by two or three more nasty lights...easily adding 10-12 minutes to the total drive time JUST for the lights(depending on where in Mayfield, that's 5+ miles along 1431 PLUS the extra lights before hubby even gets to head south toward McNeil on either Parmer or 183.

As I mentioned, things are moving quickly in west/far west Avery Ranch; but I'd concentrate there. Avery has a fifth amenities center(pool, etc) available to all residents...nice to have that flexibility...and easy access to 183 and the Lakeline train station(should you decide to take the rail into town).

If you don't mind, I'll send a PM with some homes in that area to give you an idea. As we are looking to downsize and have been 'exploring' some of the smaller homes mainly on the west side of Parmer, we're finding quite a few(larger than we need) homes that might work for you. Interestingly, a few folks have sold homes in your size range in order to move to homes in the 3500-4500 ft range, primarily on the east side of Parmer, where we are now...Brookside, Parkside, Creekside, et al.(Avery Ranch Blvd is over 4 miles from west to east...it's a BIG place!).
Crossing those places off the list and focusing more in Avery Ranch and Cedar Park now

What do you mean by "fifth amenities"? Is the pool covered in the HOA fee?

Thanks for your pm. Very helpful!

Old 05-26-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Crossing those places off the list and focusing more in Avery Ranch and Cedar Park now

What do you mean by "fifth amenities"? Is the pool covered in the HOA fee?

Thanks for your pm. Very helpful!
Sorry, we are adding a fifth amenities center...currently have four pool 'centers' in different neighborhoods with the Main Amenities Center being somewhat centrally located. The swim team swims out of the main pool and there are five tennis courts and a large playground area with volleyball, soccer, etc. The other amenities centers are smaller with pool(s) and some playground equipment...more like a small neighborhood pool. All residents(except some of the condo folks) have access to all amenities...included in the HOA fees which are still under $600 for the YEAR.

Some of the northside Avery neighborhoods connect directly to the Brushy Creek Trail and have easy access to the Brushy Creek Lake Park and other smaller park areas and ball fields along the creek. The multi-use path/trail is now over 10 miles long...either paved or decomposed granite...very popular.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:01 PM

I have 4 kiddos ranging in age from 13 to 2 so I certainly like all those amenities Thanks so much for all your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin