Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 10:45 PM

52 posts, read 73,276 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, my husband and I are considering moving to Austin with our 3 children. We have been in great state of TX for 12 years and our 3 children were born in Plano.

We have lived in Wylie, Plano and Ft.Worth but would love to move to a more vibrant city. We are deciding between Austin and its surroundings, and St.Augustine in FL(we have distant family in Orlando but do not want to live in Orlando).

We don't have anybody in Austin, family wise, but we are used to being on our own so that's not a problem.

I am most interested in whatever input you guys can please give me on the following:

-Is there a good supply of organic food in Austin?
-Is Lake Travis enough substitute for the beach? (we are considering Houston in a lesser priority)

for families with small children, are there good schools extra curricular activities. My oldest plays the piano and we would like to continue her piano education wherever we move.

Are there ANY cities or counties that we should def stay away from?

We have visited Houston, Galveston and Austin for a very brief time so we really don't have a sense of the day to day living.

I have heard Helotes close to SA and New Braunfels are also good options.

Anyways thanks for your help!

one more thing: husband works from home we don't need to commute except for our children's school and activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin