Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post
Yup, you called it. Just got my renewal notices. Auto went up a smidge. The house jumped by $300 because they're also fooling around with their "plans" and increased my overall covered amount by $20,000 for some strange reason. Time to drop them for someone else.

I'll give Watkins a call. I might also amuse myself by calling up USAA for a quote again. Maybe they'll surprise me.
Can't hurt to check with them. They handled the switch from our house to the new condo/TH and made sure we were covered during the 21 days that we occupied both. As it turns out, we're staying with Kemper for home and auto since they have the best coverage for the money in our circumstance.

We saw a bump a couple of years ago in homeowners' ; but not a lot. We're still paying a fair bit less for home coverage than we were back in Georgia...auto for two newer vehicles is about the same. Of course, the HO on the condo is less since there is less to cover
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 09:57 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,723 times
Better get ready on that Auto coverage over the next couple renewals!

Accident severity (avg $$$ paid per claim) has been climbing steeply over the past couple years, while frequency (avg # of claims per policy) has shot up with population growth.

Both of those indicators spell higher base rates (price before experience/credit/discount tiering)

I'd predict a pretty solid chance we see average Auto rates climb 7-10% over the next 12-18 months.

We won't be in Houston territory, but Dallas avg premiums are on the horizon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: