Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 PM

20 posts, read 31,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Don't your fees reflect the lack of participation of the 'others'...since there are so few homeowners, the burden is spread among the ones that are there.???
it does come to mind at first - but that's not the case, technically the builder picks up the tab on the unoccupied lots

Old 06-19-2013, 12:18 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing;30094162
If you don't beleive me, check some of the homesearch sites in Austin and see the huge number of homes for sale in [B
Avery Ranch[/b]. that's a red flag to have so many homes for sale in such a small square mile radius. I blame the Proximity of the development as the culprit. It's built right next to the 620 toll road. TRAFFIC JAM
Dude, seems you have your ranches AND facts mixed up! AR is NOT on 620 OR the toll road

As to the number of homes for sale...AR is nearly 4000 homes...a number will be for sale at any time(especially in this hot market). Our AR home sold for full price in 48 hours and was never listed.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:22 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit_xc View Post
it does come to mind at first - but that's not the case, technically the builder picks up the tab on the unoccupied lots
Makes sense; but the Cold Springs neighborhood up north had all kinds of problems when the builders bailed and only a very few houses had been sold. A different scenario with Milestone developing the entire property?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 PM

318 posts, read 670,467 times
Quote:
Dude, seems you have your ranches AND facts mixed up! AR is NOT on 620 OR the toll road

As to the number of homes for sale...AR is nearly 4000 homes...a number will be for sale at any time(especially in this hot market). Our AR home sold for full price in 48 hours and was never listed.
HA! I was just typing this up!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Makes sense; but the Cold Springs neighborhood up north had all kinds of problems when the builders bailed and only a very few houses had been sold. A different scenario with Milestone developing the entire property?
that certainly is a major risk factor - and yes, Milestone is developing the whole community, no other builders so far.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:45 PM

593 posts, read 470,434 times
Quote:

Avery Ranch is located off 620 amd Parmer. Google Map it. and that's a HIGH niumber of homes for sale in such a small square mile radius. I check 5 houses for sale on the same street once and the street wasn't that long at all.

And as I already stated, the area itself is not that appealing since the Parmer corridor is the main artery into the area going North and South. I honestly think they tried to be a Masterplanned community and failed.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:48 PM

593 posts, read 470,434 times
Quote:
doesn't matter. still a HIGH turnover ratio. People don't like living in Avery Ranch for some reason?

What was yours?

Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,400,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
Avery Ranch is located off 620 amd Parmer. Google Map it. and that's a HIGH niumber of homes for sale in such a small square mile radius. I check 5 houses for sale on the same street once and the street wasn't that long at all.

And as I already stated, the area itself is not that appealing since the Parmer corridor is the main artery into the area going North and South. I honestly think they tried to be a Masterplanned community and failed.
What a fail.

Avery Ranch is about 3 miles north of 620, and there's no such thing as "620 toll road".

Houses in Avery sell faster than just about any other community up here - and have appreciated in value. Having 100 homes for sale out of 4000 is insignificant. The reason they sell faster is that people want to live there. You really might want to try having a point before you post next time - or at least 1 or 2 facts straight.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:54 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,814,092 times
I'm listing a property in Avery Ranch on Friday. Was out there taking the pictures just about an hour ago. In his entire section of Avery South, there are only 2 properties for sale. How is that a lot? There are currently 4 pending and 15 that sold in the past 90 days in this immediate section. This shows that it is a HIGH demand area and they can't keep properties on the market.

A "healthy" community shows a 10% turn over a year. Out of 4000 houses, 400 should sell every year which is about 33 a month, more than 1 a day. That is NOT a high turnover ratio, that's HEALTHY!!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
I'm listing a property in Avery Ranch on Friday. Was out there taking the pictures just about an hour ago. In his entire section of Avery South, there are only 2 properties for sale. How is that a lot? There are currently 4 pending and 15 that sold in the past 90 days in this immediate section. This shows that it is a HIGH demand area and they can't keep properties on the market.

A "healthy" community shows a 10% turn over a year. Out of 4000 houses, 400 should sell every year which is about 33 a month, more than 1 a day. That is NOT a high turnover ratio, that's HEALTHY!!
how about a early sneak-peek?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin