Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:12 AM

593 posts, read 470,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit_xc View Post
What traffic jam?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I guess you don't live in Brushy Creek then. because it's always a traffic jam coming in and out of that neighborhood onto 620. I have to drive through there everyday mornings and evennings so I see it with my own eyes. Austin is the home of bad traffic, so anywhere there's a big neighborhood, there's a traffic jam on the tiny roadways, and that's pretty much all of Austin since it's like one big neighborhood with tiny streets cut as an afterthought. Steiner Ranch is no different. IF they would've widened Mopac/183/620/360/IH-35 and Parmer before the housing boom we wouldn't have this problem. but that's my personal gripe with the City planners, City Council and Corp of Engineers who dropped the ball.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
For bad food and expensive drinks? I guess I would have a hard time riding my bike to such a place .

Beats going to Sonic up the street from you at Avery Ranch and Brushy Creek. I'll take the bad food and drinks with an awesome view of the Lake over a stale corndog and watered down soda anyday.

Last edited by BatWing; 06-20-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
I guess you don't live in Brushy Creek then. because it's always a traffic jam coming in and out of that neighborhood onto 620.
And again, it sounds like you are just trying to use Google maps to pull your information as almost everything that you're stating about roads that feed into these neighborhoods is incorrect. Residents of neighborhoods like Ranch at Brushy Creek and Reserve at Brushy Creek never even have to go near 620 if they don't want to. They are between 2.5 to 3.5 miles away from 620.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermit_xc
I am currently building a house in the new neighborhood at the Parmer Ln/Brushy Creek intersection (Reserve at Brushy Creek). 3 houses occupied so far, target of 105 for the community, all the same builder Milestone Community Builder.

Apparently the HOA fee come up to $95/month, it's hard for me to grasp why it's so high given the few amenities:
- small pool
- and some common landscaping area ... that's it!

landscaping and maintenance costing $10k/month to maintain smells to me like some serious mismanagement.

What is your experience with fighting such high fees. Several scenarios come to mind and none make financial sense. While I'm not a resident I'm not authorized to request the financial records that justify such outrageous fees - but when the time comes (August/September) I just want to be ready for the battle

Inflation is a part of Economics. if you can't afford it, file a complaint with the BBB on the landscaping outfit, otherwise pay it and stop complaining about it. Most people allocate their funds of a possible hike in HOA fees beofre they move into a neighborhood that has an HOA anyway. And chances are they only bumped your bill up to $95 from about $85...So the question is...will $10 measley bucks sink your ship? If so, you should'nt have moved there. Move to a neighborhood that has no HOA and see how that works for you. I can tell you already, it's a horror to have to ask your neighbor to move their makeshift trashbin from the frontyard to backyard or worse allowing a neighbor to use your lawnmower and they break the damn thing and refuse to pay for a fix. I support honest HOA's, they keep the riffraff in check.

Last edited by BatWing; 06-20-2013 at 07:37 AM..

Old 06-20-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
And again, it sounds like you are just trying to use Google maps to pull your information as almost everything that you're stating about roads that feed into these neighborhoods is incorrect. Residents of neighborhoods like Ranch at Brushy Creek and Reserve at Brushy Creek never even have to go near 620 if they don't want to. They are between 2.5 to 3.5 miles away from 620.
nope, I use my CARS and drive by there daily. I take it you're a stay at home person? so you can't see what I see? Is that it?

you miss the point. dodging the traffic jam doesn't mean there isn't one. HELLO!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 AM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,723 times
Quote:
Beats going to Sonic up the street from you at Avery Ranch and Brushy Creek. I'll take the bad food and drinks over a stale corndog and watered down soda anyday.
Sonic is at Parmer and 620. I'd have to ride past Tony C's, ZTejas, Morelias, Hunan Ranch, Brooklyn Heights and Blue Bayou just to get down there - all of which are closer to Avery than the craptastic Oasis is to Steiner.

Listen, it's pretty obvious that you really know nothing about these neighborhoods and are looking to troll around for whatever it is that you get out of this. Have fun with that.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Sonic is at Parmer and 620. I'd have to ride past Tony C's, ZTejas, Morelias, Hunan Ranch, Brooklyn Heights and Blue Bayou just to get down there - all of which are closer to Avery than the craptastic Oasis is to Steiner.

Listen, it's pretty obvious that you really know nothing about these neighborhoods and are looking to troll around for whatever it is that you get out of this. Have fun with that.
troll around? oh please! not hardly, you're just upset at my quips about AR and BC where you live, I get that. but don't think for a second that complaining about HOA fees is the remedy. that's the point here. you guys NEED an HOA out there. I see the lack of yard upkeep all the time because oh btw I do have a friend that lives in Brushy Creek on the frontside by 620 across from the Horizon in that area Brushy Creek/Cat Hollow area that has a few complaints about his neighbors already. go figure.

and FYI sir/ma'am I currently pay a little more for my HOA fees but I'm not in here complainnig or trying to shut them down because I know they are needed. And I hope you realize if BC or AR loses their HOA's those areas will become ghettos overnite. just an observation

carry on. I'm done here

Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM

318 posts, read 670,369 times
Quote:

carry on. I'm done here
FINALLY!

Old 06-20-2013, 07:56 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
Beats going to Sonic up the street from you at Avery Ranch and Brushy Creek.
I don't live in either of those locales (and I can walk to about half a dozen better restaurants than the Oasis), but I know enough about them to know that you are pretty, um, misinformed? Not sure the word to use.

Oh, I haven't been out to the Oasis in a while, but while the view is nice and the party atmosphere when there is a band can be entertaining, I WOULD prefer the food at Sonic, hands down, any day of the week.....

Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 AM

20 posts, read 31,420 times
Quote:
Beats going to Sonic up the street from you at Avery Ranch and Brushy Creek. I'll take the bad food and drinks with an awesome view of the Lake over a stale corndog and watered down soda anyday.
what lake?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin