Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:21 AM

227 posts, read 366,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
Or something to recognize as rank hypocrisy and not care about. Just something to know.
Regardless, something that does exist. I figure it's up to the OP to decide if it matters to him/her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,624,789 times
Huh. Interesting about PEC/AE. I know three or four families, though, that are on AE as far down as La Crosse that have AE. Looking at some other information, it appears there may even be an area where you get to choose AE or PEC.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 AM

5,184 posts, read 7,276,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tildahat View Post
Regardless, something that does exist. I figure it's up to the OP to decide if it matters to him/her.
Live is too short to make important decisions based on the irrational animus of close minded people.

Besides, unless you walk into Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse, or Book People, with a "Circle C Swim Team" tee shirt, how would any of those biases be known?

Old 07-02-2013, 07:49 AM

The biases have very much faded over the years, imho. Whereas CC was a touchstone topic 20 years ago, it is now becoming very much just a neighborhood.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:01 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,123,059 times
there are two announced trader joes and 1 that is possible. One is downtown, one is off mopac (loop 1) and 2244, and the one that hasnt been announced is 360 and great hills trail. It will be difficult to live close to a trader joes as you will probably need to live north of 71 and closer to 360 than 620.

There are 4 whole foods. Pretty much no matter what part of town except far northwest you will be close to a whole foods. Austin has a grocery called central market which I like better than whole foods as I believe it to be cheaper which very high quality. There are 2 central markets, one south and one central.

You have named 3 of the mega master planned neighborhoods, but there are tons of other neighborhoods that are also great. What part of town are you working in? It sounds like you might be from california so you dont care about commute, but part of the advantage of moving to a small town like austin is that you can get a much shorter commute.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:10 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,051,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
The biases have very much faded over the years, imho. Whereas CC was a touchstone topic 20 years ago, it is now becoming very much just a neighborhood.
Agreed. There is no material impact felt today, either in sales market behavior or resident concern, connected to the SOS/development issues of the early 1990s and Gary Bradly or Circle C.

Zero, nada, zilch.

Anyone who drags that dead cat out from under the rug and starts swinging it around his head yelling "lookie here, you need to know about this" doesn't understand the complete and utter irrelevance of it in today's world and to today's buyers and sellers.

Buyers care about schools, location/lifestyle and price, and little else. Circle C offers an awesome combination of all three.

Steve

Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 AM

23 posts, read 71,796 times
Thanks so much for the info.....

Husbands job will be Central area,we are originally from New Hampshire and currenty live in the M street area of Dallas.....

I think we will definitley consider Western Oaks and Legend Oaks as well.After reading more info there is no reason not to.

We were most drawn to Circle C from driving around when we took a trip to Austin to reserach areas.We liked the location and ementities,but wondered if there were better options.That led us to Steiner and Avery.

Since I will be staying home I want to live in a neighborhood with alot going on for kids preferrably near a Whole Foods and Trader Joes.That is where we do the majority of our food shopping and we are really close to one right now.I see that there is a Whole Foods and Costco close to Cc,WO and LO.The new Trader Joes in Rollingwood seems pretty close,10-15 minutes?What other shopping dining options are located close to those areas?

Crime wise,what area of Austin is consided the safest?It seems like western Austin from looking at crimereports.com?

Last edited by Prius732; 07-02-2013 at 09:56 AM..

Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
preferrably near a Whole Foods and Trader Joes.
Not sure on where the TJs are or will be, so can't help there.

There is a new Whole Foods at Wm Cannon/Mopca which is fairly accessible to that area (the actual in-parking lot traffic is a bit annoying). There is also a 'nicer' HEB at Escarpment/Slaughter that you may find very nice - it carries a wide variety of organics and is less expenses (generally) than WFs. If you want to avoid the crowds, go to Randalls on Wm Cannon.....

Crime-wise, you are not going to really have a problem unless you hunt for it. There are a few 'hot' spots around town - north along Rundberg, SE there are some spots, and possible some to the NE still (have not checked a crime map in a while, though). In any case, if you are slated to good schools, you will not be in a problem crime area.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 AM

227 posts, read 366,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
Agreed. There is no material impact felt today, either in sales market behavior or resident concern, connected to the SOS/development issues of the early 1990s and Gary Bradly or Circle C.

Zero, nada, zilch.

Anyone who drags that dead cat out from under the rug and starts swinging it around his head yelling "lookie here, you need to know about this" doesn't understand the complete and utter irrelevance of it in today's world and to today's buyers and sellers.

Buyers care about schools, location/lifestyle and price, and little else. Circle C offers an awesome combination of all three.

Steve
Of course people who live there don't care. If they did, they wouldn't live there. And I agree the concern has lessened greatly in frequency and intensity over time. But *in the last month* I have heard someone go on a fire breathing rant about Circle C/SOS, so its out there still. That's why I mentioned it. I have no idea if the OP would care about that either way, I think it's possible its relevant to her. "Prius" is part of her username after all....

I think the other thing I mentioned is relevant too. People have heard of Circle C and it has a rep as a highly affluent suburb, somewhat like Westlake. Therefore people have preconceptions about them. Some buyers might like that, some might want to avoid it, some don't care either way. I think the various "Oaks" neighborhoods are just as nice but are basically anonymous to most Austinites. For some that's a plus.

I think these things are factual observations. Just throwing them out there for the OP.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:16 AM

217 posts, read 327,910 times
Circle C = Westlake??

The avg home price in CC is about 350K, the avg in Westlake is about 800K. Not even the same ballpark.

Heck - New build in Circle C is about the same price as new build Southpark Meadows now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: