Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 02:23 PM

115 posts, read 160,671 times

Advertisements

I am referring when the temps hit 90's and up, and also what is the average humidity.

I live now in Utah, I used to live in florida where humidity could get to 100% for 3-4 months in a row. June-September.

How long are the summers compared with Houston or Dallas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 02:35 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,223,989 times
I've only lived here for a little over a year and my initial answer to the question was 6 months. As for a comparison, since Dallas and Houston are both within a few hundred miles, I assume the seasons are similar. I have heard that Dallas is less humid and Houston much more humid.

Austin is not the desert I was used to but in my opinion it is nor horribly humid either. Yes, summers are long and warm but the humidity overall is not miserable nor does it last for days on end when it does rise. Just the other day, it was fairly warm and really humid, many were whining but it lasted right around 24 hours, then it rained and today is cool, crisp and breezy, its a rather glorious day.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:36 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,955,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse2000 View Post
I am referring when the temps hit 90's and up, and also what is the average humidity.

I live now in Utah, I used to live in florida where humidity could get to 100% for 3-4 months in a row. June-September.

Do they not have Google in Utah?

Old 12-22-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
Do they not have Google in Utah?
So google at least in Utah does not have feelings and can't tell me "his" live experience, I prefer to talk to nice people who lives and breaths Austin weather..not old posts or facts and figures....

:-)

Old 12-22-2013, 03:12 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,955,930 times
Quote:

Quote:
So google at least in Utah does not have feelings and can't tell me "his" live experience, I prefer to talk to nice people who lives and breaths Austin weather..not old posts or facts and figures....

You asked for specific quantitative information easily researched via Google and via this forum. Feelings, even if someone is intimately familiar with the summers in Dallas, Houston and Austin after having lived in all three, would be of no value since they are not you and do not have the same mind-body reactions and tolerance. Chances are if you are concerned with the intensity and duration of the summers here, it's probably too hot for you.

And it's not necessary to start new threads to discuss the same topics. Or new user names.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:14 PM

198 posts, read 397,758 times
People ask this same question over and over. Bottom line: its hot from late May to early October. Forget about the average highs and level of humidty etc etc. Its HOT. Until you live in it day after day after day, theres no way for someone on the internet can explain to you how it feels.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:20 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,576 times
The heat can be exhausting. It's the norm for it to hit the 90s a couple days in April, October, and even November.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
You asked for specific quantitative information easily researched via Google and via this forum. Feelings, even if someone is intimately familiar with the summers in Dallas, Houston and Austin after having lived in all three, would be of no value since they are not you and do not have the same mind-body reactions and tolerance. Chances are if you are concerned with the intensity and duration of the summers here, it's probably too hot for you.
Could be, or not! after growing up and living in tropical weather for more than 25 years before I moved from Florida to Utah, maybe, weather is just part of the equation, I don't like 5 months of winter, however I adapted and live here for around 20 years, I will not mind 3-4 months of hot weather, as long as I have a swimming pool AC and lakes close by.

I am looking at Austin for quality of life and also we love to be involved in the community, I have a successful business that is portable, so I don't care much about traffic. I was looking at Southern California, but even that the weather is amazing, taxes are out of control and the state seems to be close to an economical collapse..but this is a topic for another thread...

Old 12-22-2013, 04:10 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,400,267 times
Quote:
Could be, or not! after growing up and living in tropical weather for more than 25 years before I moved from Florida to Utah, maybe, weather is just part of the equation, I don't like 5 months of winter, however I adapted and live here for around 20 years, I will not mind 3-4 months of hot weather, as long as I have a swimming pool AC and lakes close by.

I am looking at Austin for quality of life and also we love to be involved in the community, I have a successful business that is portable, so I don't care much about traffic. I was looking at Southern California, but even that the weather is amazing, taxes are out of control and the state seems to be close to an economical collapse..but this is a topic for another thread...

I still don't understand the multiple user names. Just seems foolish.

Well, for the real person who is actually looking to move from Utah to Austin.

I'm a very hot weather person. I play golf when it's 103 in August. Austin summers are ****ing hot. Hotter than Orlando in July, Ft Myers in August or September in Miami.

Needles, CA in Late July is a very good comparison.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:48 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,130,727 times
Quote:

heat is may-sep. By oct it is usually cool. if it rains then humidity is high. Usually though the humidity is low around 50-60% in the afternoon. More in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin