Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 AM

30 posts, read 108,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmuabe View Post
The exact same thing happened to us when we moved into our new home last summer. I Googled the hell out of the company (and similar) and found it to be a marketing/solicitation scheme. After I'd put my fears to rest, I threw the card away and never heard from them again. You were right to be concerned, though. I don't put anything past anyone these days!
Glad to hear that most experiences with these kinds of things don't end in home invasions! I have not been able to find a single account where someone has actually been burglarized after getting a similar notice. My wife is very edgy about these kinds of things because she walked in on a friends house being burglarized a few years ago. The guy was coming down the main staircase with a flat screen in his hands, saw her through the window in the front door, threw the tv down the stairs, hopped the banister and ran out the back door. She's been very concerned about her safety (and our kids) ever since. And she still frequently leaves her purse in the car overnight....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 09:51 PM

519 posts, read 776,682 times
Can't say I've ever known anyone who regularly left her purse in the car overnight.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM

1,317 posts, read 4,056,312 times
At my job, I have to take credit card info everyday. You won't believe how many times I have been left on hold when a customer has told me, "Can you hold on a moment, I have to go get my purse/wallet out of my car..."

Idiots...

Old 09-15-2014, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,013 times
Hi all. I just got one of these tickets but from Square One Services. I did some research and they are a marketing firm. If you call or provide your details on their website for your "delivery" then according to their privacy policy, they have the right to collect and share your personal details with whomever they want. What tipped me off was that it was addressed to "new resident" and not me by name. Watch out! This company goes by many names including Eclipse. Just ignore the card if you get it.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:19 AM

404 posts, read 712,000 times
wait... this is Texas, right?

get a dog, get a gun.

post the ol 'never mind the dog, beware of owner' sign

problem solved.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:31 PM

483 posts, read 532,032 times
Posting signs about guns just makes your property more attractive to thieves in my opinion, now they know there is something they highly desire in there. Since you just moved in be prepared for all manner of scams and frauds to show up via mail, phone etc. My favorites are the ones that try to look official and get you to think you have to pay for public records or pay a service to file your taxes for you.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,228 times
Tell me what happens if u already called?

Old 03-09-2016, 06:45 PM

535 posts, read 1,294,675 times
We use ADT for our business and it's pointless. It doesn't prevent a burglary, it just 'alarms' you and the police that someone is trying/did break in.

We got broke into 3 times even with an alarm. The burglars know they have a specific time they can get in and snatch up what they want before the cops or anyone arrives.

That said, I guess it's nice to know when someone has broken in so at least we were able to get to the shop and board it up so no other thug could freely come in and finish the job up.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:33 PM

102 posts, read 129,368 times
Yep, we just bought a house in Cedar Park and it happened to us last week.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:10 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered_by_Espresso View Post
Yep, we just bought a house in Cedar Park and it happened to us last week.

Not the break-in part, I hope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin