U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:45 AM

944 posts, read 1,951,007 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for recommendations for reception venues in Austin. I've done a good bit of googling already so recommendations based on personal experience are best, though any are appreciated.

Details:
August/September 2014
Ceremony will be in west Austin (actually Bee Caves/Barton Creek area)
Interested in indoor venues either in that area or downtown
Will consider options outside the areas noted if they have features that make it worth it

TIA!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 03:31 PM

198 posts, read 371,787 times
Theres a ton of wedding venues in the Austin area. You should start by weeding out venues outside your budget. Most area venues run from 3k-7k for a Saturday night in mid and peak season.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:04 PM

701 posts, read 2,366,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for reception venues in Austin. I've done a good bit of googling already so recommendations based on personal experience are best, though any are appreciated.

Details:
August/September 2014
Ceremony will be in west Austin (actually Bee Caves/Barton Creek area)
Interested in indoor venues either in that area or downtown
Will consider options outside the areas noted if they have features that make it worth it

TIA!
Vista West Ranch may be an option for you. It's a bit of a pricier venue but they have an amazing site and the facility is just beautiful. There's a reason it makes it to a lot of "top" lists.

Also, the Heritage House is a wonderful venue that's fairly new. The buildings are also beautiful (separate cabins for bride and groom to get ready). The ginormous plus is that the main building is airconditioned and the owners are incredibly helpful. This matters a lot because of your date!

Both the above are technically in Dripping Springs and can accommodate a short or long guest list.

In that area, the One World Theater might be a fun venue to check out. It's likely very close to where the ceremony would be.

I've worked at a number of wedding venues around Austin and you have a ton of options available. It really depends on the feel you're going for and how many guests you have. Feel free to PM me your details and I can give you a better idea of places that might work for you.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:52 PM

Sent you a PM. Also attached a photo as to the mystery location I mentioned. If worse comes to worse I can e-mail the florist whose website I found it on and ask if they know what venue it was at.
Attached Thumbnails
Autin reception venue recommendations-mysterylocation.jpg  

Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 AM

Hmmm....looks vaguely like Barr Mansion. But isn't Barr Mansion!

House on the Hill is near your ceremony site. Downtown: Allan House, Chateau Bellevue, Mansion at Judges Hill.

Mercury Hall is pretty, not close but accessible. Terrace Club is also easily accessible (pretty views).

I hope those help?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM

5 posts, read 11,985 times
There is also the Zilker clubhouse, but I believe a lottery is involved. Great views and affordable!

Old 08-21-2013, 09:16 AM

7,733 posts, read 9,084,420 times
How many people? I used to do some event planning and may have some ideas, but I need to know how many people first.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buser View Post
There is also the Zilker clubhouse, but I believe a lottery is involved. Great views and affordable!
I think that might be a bit rustic for what they're hoping for. Also: no AC. It's an issue in August/September!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
How many people? I used to do some event planning and may have some ideas, but I need to know how many people first.
I'm guessing ~120. Even if almost all the out-of-towners come, I doubt it would be more than 150.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 AM

You could also check out Green Pastures. It has lovely seating areas both in and outdoors. Near SoLa area (south Lamar and Oltorf) so it's easy to get to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin