Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 11:31 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveCassettes View Post
You can always call the city clerk at 974-2210 and ask for Mr. Gernsey in Planning, he would know.
LOL

Greg Guernsey is the Director of the Planning and Development Department. I assure you he does not have time to field questions from homeowners about pipe dream projects. If he did he would have time for nothing else. If you want an answer to your questions you are doing to have to go down to building inspection and talk to them. They do not take inquiries over the phone.

There is so much development going on in the area that they are already overwhelmed by the numbers of building and development permit applications from people who took the time to go down to the office to ask their questions, they are not going to take inquiries over the phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 09:58 PM

176 posts, read 357,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
LOL

Greg Guernsey is the Director of the Planning and Development Department. I assure you he does not have time to field questions from homeowners about pipe dream projects. If he did he would have time for nothing else. If you want an answer to your questions you are doing to have to go down to building inspection and talk to them. They do not take inquiries over the phone.

There is so much development going on in the area that they are already overwhelmed by the numbers of building and development permit applications from people who took the time to go down to the office to ask their questions, they are not going to take inquiries over the phone.

Bull, they do take inquires over the phone, I don't know who told you that, but if they told me, I would speak to a higher up, tell them they work for me, as a taxpayer, mentioned their exorbitant salaries, and raise enough Cain to get my questions answered. They don't like the fact, I own a telephone tape recorder. You can also contact 974-5000 or 311 (same line) and ask, too. If someone wants me to call and do their services for them (putting them in check) I charge a fee for my services. The hidden camera and mic costs extra. It's a $25 post production charge for the Youtube footage.

Or,
No need to go to the office, just pick up the telephone, and ask.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:25 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
Well then, please do call them and ask for an answer to the question posed by this OP. and be sure to have your recorder running. I'm looking forward to hearing your response. Put up or shut up!

Greg Guernsey works for the entire City of Austin and WE have far more important things for him to be doing than wasting his time on the phone answering stupid questions from individuals who are to lazy to go thru the normal processes.

I am an architect who has worked inAustin since 1977 and has taken numerous projects thru the permitting process every year. What are your qualifications?

Go ahead, show us some examples of your work! This should be good for a laugh!

Last edited by CptnRn; 09-01-2013 at 10:39 PM..

Old 09-02-2013, 08:31 PM

176 posts, read 357,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
Ill try this #. I did call and all I got was automated systems and voicemail.
That's because you called after hours. M-F 8 AM to 4:45 PM is when you will reach a live person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin