Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 08:56 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,275,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveCassettes View Post
Appellant buried a training bomb on property that was in litigation and then informed the police that she had found an unexploded bomb on the property which had once been used by the military for training purposes.[1]

Did the News Excuse display that story into detail? No.

The defendant lost because the defendant put up a SOL defense, also defendnat was a fool for not video taping their actions in regards to the bomb. Moral of the story whenever you find something fishy = film it. Corrupt cops make all kinds of excuses and are known to plant drugs into you cars.
That's 2 % of the bad cops right there.
I'm done. One of the dangers in arguing with a fool, is that folks might not be able to tell you apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 08:41 PM

6 posts, read 8,956 times
Lol, my name is Andy and I'm from Florida and a resident of Willowbrook. Go watch the news reports on my website thekbhome.com, read the stories, and check out the pictures. Let me know if you still think KB is a good company. Over a thousand shoddy built homes in Florida alone. Research hardiplank in nc, mirasol, back dating stock, ftc consent order, home on the bombing range, price fixing, whistleblowers, etc. Educate yourselves folks.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:44 PM

This video might help settle the bomb statement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYe-...e_gdata_player

Old 09-05-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
1. It's a TOS violation to post the content of copyrighted material.
2. No mention of any "massive protest" in South Austin, or anywhere.
3. Do you own a map? Notice the difference between Kentucky and Nevada? Like the fact that they're practically across the country from one another? Think that might have played a role in that contest winner taking the cash over the house?

While KB Homes are notorious for sub-par build quality and fit/finish, your total non-sequitor of an "example" doesn't help anyone. Also, there's no particle board in their houses.
Lol, argue with my pictures

KB HOME PHOTOS [ SEE THE CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS - LEARN THE TRUTH ]

Old 09-05-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzPeterson View Post
Again, all you show is a lack of common sense.

You don't have the handle of "Liberty Thug", you didn't get permission for the specific use of that material. It's not about "censorship", it's about. The ownership of intellectual property. If you had created the material and were not allowed to post it, that would be censorship. The TOS prevents you from stealing another person's intellectual property, and passing it off as your own material. Post links, not content.

Find me one citation of a "huge protest" in 2000 in Circle C. And I wasn't in Florida - what does politics have to do with your inablity to tell the truth?

The story was about a lady that didn't want to own a house across the country from her.

You may own a map, now you need to run out and see if you can buy a clue.

Oh, hey - one more thing. How did they build homes with particle board in San Antonio in the 80's, when they weren't in TX until 1997? Did they invent time travel too?
Large anti kb protest video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVpY...e_gdata_player

Old 09-05-2013, 09:07 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,397,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofill View Post
Argue what?

You have pictures of crappy builds, leaks, stucco and failing balconies. Went through all 20 of them and didn't find a single thing that contradicts what I said.

1. TOS violation to post copyrighted content. Yes, that is true.
2. Kentucky and Vegas still a long way away from one another, yep.
3. No particle board, nope. OSB is not particle board.
4. KB has a reputation as a lousy builder with poor fit/finish, yep.

Exactly what was I arguing that your pictures would contradict?

Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonamd View Post
So people aren't allowed to be happy with a KB home? Seems like a lot of people think it isn't possible to have a decent home built by them.

And yes, you do indeed get what you pay for. If you go for the advertised price you get a very basic home with low end fixtures. They offer a ton of upgrade options with better quality and better design but you pay extra for it whereas a lot of other builders include higher quality items but of course have a higher advertised price as well.

Oh...and you've mentioned several times about Ray Ellison and KB being the same...which as pointed out, you are incorrect on. But to add personal experience to that....my Dad lived in a Ray Ellison home in San Antonio and I stayed with him a few years when I was younger. I think a cardboard box was better quality. It couldn't even begin to compare to what KB builds today.
Jason, please go visit thekbhome.com and do a little reading. If you're still convinced that the company builds a good product and honors their warranty then hit me up and I will sell you my condo.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:10 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,397,767 times
Quote:
In San Antonio. In 2008.

That is not Circle C in 2000

Old 09-05-2013, 09:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,909,338 times
Yer off on some of your data there Zerofill. The Mirasol Homes project was NOT a KB developement but a Henry Cisneros project in concert with HUD. KB didn't even want the project because the plans called for many codes violations, like no back doors. They were a wreck. But KB got assurances from H Cisneros that he would stand behind the houses. His involvement was securing the money for the buyers which he made a dandy profit from. But when the folks got together that had bought the homes, they went to the media which had no clue about the behind the scenes dealings with Cisneros. You might also want to know that another reason KB didn't want the project was that these homes were to be sold to low knowledge buyers. These types of buyers haven't the foggiest idea how to maintain a house even though given a booklet on how to do it written in English ans Spanish. Few of these houses ever saw any maintenance at all. KB took a major hit even though it wasn't their project. You might also want to know that the City of San Antonio signed off on all of the plans including the code violations and the engineering before KB would touch one blade of grass.

In regards to the "bombing range". If you dig a little deeper you'll find that Janet Ahmad, , President of HOBB, who divorced her doctor husband so they wouldn't lose every thing they own in liable lawsuits, planted these "bombs" that were also found to be inert. The area was never a bombing range. She ended up with time served for fraud.

You'll also find there was a lot of homes bought back by KB in the North Hampton subdivision, San Antonio, and plenty of Protests there including a segment on 60 Minutes. It concerned a Gulf War Vet that was having underground water issues under his house which caused the foundation to move and mold to grow under his vinyl floors. KB spent over 20 grand installing a french drain system to get rid of the water. The right of way that the french drain exited on was always flooded. When sight pipes were installed in his front yard, the water was found to be chlorinated. That's not underground natural water. An 8" main pipe belonging to the incompetent water company, Bexar Met, who is no longer in business, had a mainline break 3 blocks from his house. Once fixed, the water went away but Kb suffered several millions in damages from it.

The jist here is that you only have a small part of the information yet are hammering a company with it. It makes you look pretty stupid. While KB does indeed build a cheap house, they also sell them cheap. You get the absolute cheapest of everything when buying one. That's like buying a Yugo but expect Rolls Royce quality- it ain't happening. Yes, KB cuts every corner possible, that's why the houses are cheap to buy. That's why you get more square footage for the dollar. If you don't like a KB home, don't buy one. Pretty simple, huh?

Old 09-05-2013, 09:42 PM

682 posts, read 1,941,163 times
Quote:
Jason, please go visit thekbhome.com and do a little reading. If you're still convinced that the company builds a good product and honors their warranty then hit me up and I will sell you my condo.
I live in a KB Home. All warranty issues I had were handled promptly and fixed right the first time. They even took care of a couple issues outside of warranty. Only 1 issue was due to construction, the others had to do with manufacturers defects in a ceiling fan and 2 windows.There have been no major issues in my home or any of my neighbors I talk to. I had a 3 phase inspection done during construction and all problems found...which weren't that many...were fixed. At the end of the 1 year full warranty they called to come out and fix any cracks that may have appeared in the drywall joints, restain the front door and touch up any issues on exterior paint. There were no drywall issues to fix, they restained the front door even though it was probably ok and fixed some nails that had popped on the exterior trim.

I'm not saying KB hasn't had issues in certain areas, but that doesn't mean everything they build is bad. Different states, cities and subdivisions have different management involved. Its obvious some places have better construction than others because of this.

I don't need to do any reading because I know what I have bought and saw it built from the ground up with almost daily visits as well as had inspections done. I talked to other people I knew in KB homes and even a couple who lived in one built by the same construction supervisor as mine was. None of them had anything horrible to say, some even after living in one for 15 years. My father in law who does construction on custom built homes also walked through several times and was satisfied with what he saw. He certainly would have said something if he didnt like it.

Also, KB generally targets first time home buyers and some seem to think you never have to do any maintenance on a home and thus have problems and blame the builder. Even though KB gives out a pretty detailed maintenance binder I have a feeling most people don't read it. My neighbors would be good examples. They were complaining to me about their AC not working very good and had called out an AC company. Turns out they didn't know they had to change the filter and the coils froze up from no airflow. They've been in the house 3 years. Also had to explain to some neighbors that the "weeds" growing across their sidewalk was actually runners of their st. Augustine grass and thats why their weed killer wasn't working.

Last edited by jasonamd; 09-05-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin