Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 04:59 PM

12 posts, read 32,163 times

Advertisements

Been looking at some new developments and both seem like great "beginner" neighborhoods with nice new homes. Was curious to see the readers thoughts on the differences of the two communities. We are looking to buy around that area and have 2 kids in elementary school, so schools are obviously an important factor for us. Both neighborhoods currently draw to Elsa, but I'm concerned about re-zoning in Highland Horizon once the new middle and high schools open. Pearson is pretty much a given to go to the new schools once opened.

It appears Pearson will have one community pool and Highland Horizon the same, will they both be about the same size in terms of amount of homes once completed? It would appear Highland Horizon might have some higher premiums on homes but that may come with nicer builders (not sure). Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts and compare/contrast the two neighborhoods.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 06:12 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Still plenty of construction around HH, homes and roads. If that's not a concern, other factors may inter in. I recently received an email from Commissioner Birkman's office giving JUST a little info on the possible road extensions that would impact PP. I'll post that at the end of this post. The Neenah extension, the Pearson Place Ranch extension and the additional MS and HS are all important concerns, yet none are on a definite schedule, AFAIK. HH has the O'Connor extension well under way, but the 620 improvements are a long way from finished. No clear winner there, either. Tough call. In either neighborhood, I'd sure try to get some natural area in back or on the side...unless you REALLY like your neighbors...those lots are TIGHT!

By the bye, I'm not sure who is aware of the final layout and number of homes in PP. Started out to be over 400 with four phases and some multi-family units; but that development has been somewhat fluid in its growth pattern. HH has seen some changes as well, but both are a couple of years behind their original schedules as 'we' recover from the downturn.

The Commissioners letter may actually be confusing the Neenah extension(which I believe will actually connect with Pearson Ranch Rd(running in front of the new school(s) and it's PR Rd that will eventually connect with 620. Anything with a 2014 completion date seems optimistic to me...

From the Commissioner:
Dear Constituent:

I understand you inquired about the Neenah Extension Project. We appreciate being contacted by our constituency with inquiries or concerns.

We anticipate the design process on the Neenah Extension Project to be completed sometime next month and this will give us a little bit better time line. Nevertheless, we anticipate that we’ll let the first project (to continue 2 lanes down to 620) late this year, and it should be constructed by the spring of 2014. We are hopeful that we will be able to construct a right-in/right-out connection to RM 620 with that project, but the intersection/underpass that will allow full access to Pearson will likely not be completed until late in 2014. The timing depends on environmental approvals, and it is difficult to guess how the salamander listing will impact that.

I am sorry I can’t give you a more exact timeline at this juncture.

Please feel free to contact me anytime with your questions or concerns regarding Williamson County, issues.

Kind regards,

Mary Clark
Executive Assistant
Office of Commissioner Lisa Birkman
Williamson County, Pct. One
1801 E. Old Settlers Blvd., Ste. 110
Round Rock, TX 78664

Old 09-07-2013, 06:15 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Also, as mentioned in another thread...HH is not shown to be inside the city limits of Austin on any map I've seen. While it carries an Austin address, I believe most, if not all, of HH is in the Round Rock ETJ, while Pearson Place(flanked by Avery Ranch) is within the city limits of Austin. Don't know if that matters.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:42 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,336,259 times
I believe that HH is a part of the Brushy Creek MUD. Saw it on a map somewhere earlier this year or last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin